Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navel growing out...may scar?

Default Navel growing out...may scar?

hey. sorry if this has been posted before...

Ive had my navel done since feb/march this year and the piercing was fine, there was no extra pain than expected etc. (infact felt nothing) but now it seems to have grown out and now the bar is only 1mm in my skin.

I think its best I remove it?
    but once I do how long will it take to heal and how long afterwards could I have it redone?
    plus im bothered about scarring...

any help? thanks

Remove it sooner rather than later to reduce scaring.
    Leave it for a few (4-6) months before having it redone.

Oh, and no offence, but you got a piercing and you're bothered about scaring. So, metal is ok, but slightly discoloured skin isnt :S
    I'm done, I'm gone. There is nothing here for me anymore.

but dont you think metal looks a little bit nicer than a red lump of scar tissue
    mods: labret, 10mm lobes, 1.6 pinna, foward pinna to pinna scaffold with more to come

Erm, persionally, no, I like healed scar tissue, it can look very pretty.

But that wasnt the point I was trying to make. Getting a piercing and being worried about scar tissue is like smoking and being supprised if you get lung cancer. They go hand in hand in my book.

My navel piercing started to grow out a while back and I removed it with about 5mm of skin to go. I have a tiny round scar at each end of the piercing which is barely noticeable.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

I lurves my likkle purple scar, its sooooo pretty!
    BJS straight jacket maker extraudinaire.
    FRIENDLIEST/PRIDE OF BJS AWARD WINNER 2007
    Happy death day to you baby,I know your flying in the blue now.

Default thnkies

thanks for the help,

about the whole scar thing, I was just wondering if would scar and also i was relating to if you can re-pierce scar tissue. sorry i didnt make that clearer

cheers all the same

xxx

I've had piercings done through scar tissue, so yes, it can be done. Generally its more painful and take longer as just ramming a needle through scar tissue can cause major damage

My friend had her navel pierced about 5 times until it stopped rejecting. She said the skin inside the piercing just got BLACK, and then the skin broke, and the bar fell out, and her skin healed back together, this happened a few times, and now shes got a scar. she thinks the only reason why it stays in now is because there so much scar tissue now holding it together, and its crooked /: i wouldnt think this worth it, but thats just my opinion.
    Piercings: 5 lobe (2 stretched 00g) , snakebites & third lip piercing (working on double snakebites), tongue, right nose, nape, and wonky navel (:

Wishlist: double snakebites, horizontal or double tongue, traguses, inudstrial, rook, conch, anti-traguses, and currently I'm really craving some dermal anchoring on the wrists d:

I had a belly button piercing and took it out and it started migrating and rejecting. I have one scar at the top and two at the bottom, where it started and where it ended.
    Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast