Thread: My DIY Tragus procedure...

Default My DIY Tragus procedure...

This is my story of a successful self-pierced tragus…

First off, I gathered up my piercing equipment onto my desktop – which I lined with sterile paper towels.
    My equipment was:
    - An unopened Introcan needle
    - A skin marker pen
    - Saline solution
    - Latex gloves x2
    - Cotton wool pads
    - A sterile 1.6mm bullet septum retainer, (this is personally my best choice of jewellery because it is has a very comfortable flat back and has no thread.. The O-ring is great for comfort and accommodates for swelling.
    - And 2 mirrors. I also put a bright lamp on for the best light source, as it is important to perfectly see what you are doing.

Now for the procedure:

I set up on my table two mirrors (this may be a bit tricky) so that I can see my tragus from the side, reflection from one mirror to the other. I sit very close to the mirrors because I prefer to see my procedure very close-up, therefore it might be tricky to set yourself in the right position between them.
    With anti-bacterial washed hands, I unpackaged the skin marker pen and put this, and my jewellery piece ready on the paper towels.
    With hair tied back and out of the way, I used some saline solution and cotton wool pads to wipe my tragus and surrounding area (I had just come out of the bath and had also previously cleaned this area thoroughly)…then got my first pair of latex gloves on.
    Looking at the tragus in the mirror, it took me 3 attempts to get the marking absolutely spot-on, I should mention I am very fussy and strive for straight piercing! (Main reason – I’m planning to make this tragus a project of 3, and they must be aligned correctly to work)…
    After I had dotted the placement with the pen, I unpacked the needle (leaving the plastic protection plastic on) and changed my gloves.
    With clean gloves I proceeded to remove the safety plastic from the needle and aligned it with my marked tragus. Now, the tricky bit with aligning and piercing correctly is getting used to the mirrored hand-eye coordination, which will take a moment. I put my thumb behind the tragus and made sure that the whole time the needle was piercing straight and at the correct angle.
    As I pushed the needle, it went through very smoothly and I will stress how minimal the pain is – but as everybody is different and I have a high pain-tolerance, this will not be the case with everyone.
    Another challenge I came across was actually getting the needle further through the tragus – it was poking out a couple of mm but this wasn’t enough for the follow-through. Now I didn’t want to risk pushing it straight through and accidentally doing damage to my ear – the tragus has quite a resistance to the needle so I didn’t want to push and suddenly poke the other side of my ear. This is where I realised what I hadn’t thought of, and something I’ve learnt from – have something to receive the needle!
    Eventually I pushed and held my thumb with cotton wool behind the tragus and the needle got through further.
    Lastly, I removed the needle and followed through the piercing with my jewellery, fixing the o-ring onto the end. There was minimal blood, this I removed with a saline solution soak – DON’T pick at it!

(My recording the following day of the piercing):
    It has been one day since then – and my tragus hasn’t been painful, sore, red, and hasn’t swelled. I’m just waiting for the plasma to start coming – all good signs of a healing hole!
    My aftercare has been 2 saltwater soaks or saline soaks a day. I use sea-salt and boiled hot water with cotton pads.
    I am absolutely in love with my tragus piercing, and it compliments my left ear amazingly! The left ear is: stretched lobe at 0g and rook twice. Now this little baby is another member of the family!

Remember to take the correct precautions with any DIY piercing, and make sure you know the risks that may involve piercing yourself. I do not encourage this in any way, but recommend you take all safety and hygiene precautions if you decide to do so yourself.
    Happy piercing!

how the hell can u say it didnt hurt?? i nearly passe out when i got my tragus pierced, you're bloody brave.

Quote Originally Posted by soo_oz
    how the hell can u say it didnt hurt?? i nearly passe out when i got my tragus pierced, you're bloody brave.
    Nearly passed out? Bloody hell, who did you let pierce YOUR tragus? :shock: My tragus was the least painful piercing experience I have ever had, including my lobes! I didn't realize my piercer had gone anywhere near my ear until he was saying, " Go and look in the mirror, then!"
    \'Never, under any circumstances, try to hug a centaur. They REALLY won\'t appreciate it!!\'

nice work
    You Cannot Kill What You Did Not Create

Quote Originally Posted by elske
    Quote Originally Posted by soo_oz
    Nearly passed out? Bloody hell, who did you let pierce YOUR tragus? :shock: My tragus was the least painful piercing experience I have ever had, including my lobes! I didn't realize my piercer had gone anywhere near my ear until he was saying, " Go and look in the mirror, then!"

Mine was the same. I feel really stupid telling people that it didn't hurt though!

Now I just tell them 'yeah, it hurt like a bitch! But i didn't cry 8) !' Seem's to give me an added sence of self. :lol: Try it everyone!
    Hunger hurts but I want it so much.

Mine didnt hurt one bit i just thought the uncomfortable bit was putting the jewellery in but it didnt hurt at all

Mine also didnt hurt one i had no pain or any trouble with with mine

Mine didnt hurt either...crunched a bit... then again i did do it at 2.4mm!
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

My tragus was actually the most painful of my piercings (except for me self stretching my lobes, which I did far to fast and it bled and ripped a bit- oww!)... the piercer took soo long to get the needle through and tugged on my poor fresh hole for ages when putting the jewellery in. I thought this was normal until I went to a good piercer for my lip and conch and the procedure was so much quicker and the pain was minimal. So yeah... i havent gone back to the first place. Hehe. Having said that, the pain of my tragus was still bearable. Oh, and nice one xhex on your new piercing .