Page 596 of 596 FirstFirst ... 96496546586587588589590591592593594595596
Results 5,951 to 5,958 of 5958

Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Dead stretching usually involves a degree of size skipping or resistance, not really recommended for lobes, I have dead stretched my tongue before but I wouldn't risk with my lobes. Regular sizes are 0.8, 1, 1.2, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on. Larger sizes you can increase a couple mm at a time, it's all to do with fractions. Some people find 1mm every 4months or so easy, people like myself have much more stubborn ears so I used half sizes. Remember to massage and listen to your body. Hope this is what you meant?
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Using tape is taping
    Dead stretching just uses plugs and patience. (and oil or holey butt'r or whatever)

Stretching from 1.6mm up to 4mm you would still need 2.4mm. When taping you don't tape all in one go anyway, it's a gradual process from one size to the next and you still stop and wait at each size. So you would still need 1.6mm, 2mm, 2.4mm, 3mm and 4mm plugs and yes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8mm.
    You could probably dead stretch from 1.6 - 2 - 2.4 - 3 (no tape) but going from 3 to 4mm is a big jump so you might want to tape and/or go to a 3.2/3.5mm plug.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I found dead stretching from 4mm-13mm easy and can size up anything from 6 weeks - a few months at a time but I'm now having to look into half sizes at 13mm so don't be surprised if you need them for some but not for others!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    Dead stretching usually involves a degree of size skipping or resistance, not really recommended for lobes, I have dead stretched my tongue before but I wouldn't risk with my lobes. Regular sizes are 0.8, 1, 1.2, 1.6, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and so on. Larger sizes you can increase a couple mm at a time, it's all to do with fractions. Some people find 1mm every 4months or so easy, people like myself have much more stubborn ears so I used half sizes. Remember to massage and listen to your body. Hope this is what you meant?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Using tape is taping
    Dead stretching just uses plugs and patience. (and oil or holey butt'r or whatever)

Stretching from 1.6mm up to 4mm you would still need 2.4mm. When taping you don't tape all in one go anyway, it's a gradual process from one size to the next and you still stop and wait at each size. So you would still need 1.6mm, 2mm, 2.4mm, 3mm and 4mm plugs and yes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8mm.
    You could probably dead stretch from 1.6 - 2 - 2.4 - 3 (no tape) but going from 3 to 4mm is a big jump so you might want to tape and/or go to a 3.2/3.5mm plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I found dead stretching from 4mm-13mm easy and can size up anything from 6 weeks - a few months at a time but I'm now having to look into half sizes at 13mm so don't be surprised if you need them for some but not for others!
    Ah, yeah, I meant taping not dead stretching, sorry guys!

I know that tpaing is a gradual process. The reason I was asking if I'd still need the 2.4mm plug was because, if we assume tape adds 0.1mm (I'm sure it adds less, but whatever), I'd actually be going 2mm, 2.1mm, 2.2mm, 2.3mm, 2.4mm, 2.5mm, etc. until I reached 3mm, if that makes sense?

So it wasn't that I thought I could skip sizes, just if the tape added to a plug would kind of negate the need for half sizes, as it does sizes between the plugs anyway? Or have I got this completely wrong and you just tape up and up over a few weeks, just to 'loosen' the stretch so the next size up will fit in easier (e.g., start with 2mm, add tape over however long, it's now 2.2mm, which makes inserting a 2.4mm easier? I thought you'd actually increase with the tape from 2mm all the way to the next size up?)

I probably could dead stretch my current 4mm to 5mm, as it's pretty stretchy, but I'd rather take things slowly. Thanks for all the informationg guys; I'm fully aware my stretching practice of five years ago was terrible, so I want to make sure I do it right this time.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Nothing wrong with dead stretching at all. It's simple, your lobes are either ready or they're not. Use a round ended plug, lube up, gently push, if you feel no resistance then you're good to go.

You'll find taping a 2mm plug pretty much impossible.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think I can't stretch any further from 20mm. It looks like my lobes don't have enough room in them and I'm worrief that my lobes will get too thin. I'm thinking about downsizing just to thicken my lobes a bit.
    Call me Henna c:

Current piercings:
    Left ear: 20mm lobe, 1.6mm lobe
    Right ear: 20mm lobe, 2mm lobe
    Face: bridge, 2mm septum, 2x lower lip, tongue
    6 tattoos

Retired:
    2 x eyebrow, navel, 2 x lip

Want:
    Navel redone and perhaps finally a helix..

The guide has been rewritten and a new thread started HERE
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<