Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    imo it's better to go ahead and have them redone if you want to stretch at all.
    Opinion.

I'd suggest having them redone.
    Advice.

2 very different things.

I think unless you have managed to gain vast amounts of statistics from years of research on stretching small gauge needle piercings, larger gauge needle piercings and gunned piercing then you can't really say it's better to redo and that stretching gunned lobes is a PITA.

As we know with modifications there is never such a thing as usual, normal, average and so on, everyone is different. People will 0.6mm gunned lobes may find stretching simple and easy with no long waits of 3 months+ yet someone who had them done at 2g may struggle, anatomy and how it reacts to what we do to it is never really predictable. My gunned lobes had virtually no scar tissue and were no problem to stretch, I never went anything near 3 months and probably never more than 2 months between stretches but that's me and everyone is different.

Agree with Becky, I've never been in a rush with stretching but I know for a lot of people getting there fast is seen as important. Suppose it depends on what's important to the individual.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not at all bothered with fast! Tbh, it's mostly because I keep seeing pretty jewellery (like the snowflake plugs from anatometal). I don't mind taking a while to get there, so long as my ears are healthy and happy. And I spend most of my time inside, so it's not like the cold affects me all that much. I just have no idea what size my ears are- assuming 20g right now since that seems to be the standard in earrings?

would I be best off buying something that's definitely 20g and starting there? Or would I be better starting with something at 18g?

But yeah, I've no real impatience with this at all.
    Dappled's the name! <3

Piercings: Lobes, VCH, fourchette
    Tattoos: Pawprints, Zebra head, Rabbit
    Planned: Septum, Nipples, Outer labia, Other tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by horsesforcourses View Post
    I'm not at all bothered with fast! Tbh, it's mostly because I keep seeing pretty jewellery (like the snowflake plugs from anatometal). I don't mind taking a while to get there, so long as my ears are healthy and happy. And I spend most of my time inside, so it's not like the cold affects me all that much. I just have no idea what size my ears are- assuming 20g right now since that seems to be the standard in earrings?

would I be best off buying something that's definitely 20g and starting there? Or would I be better starting with something at 18g?

But yeah, I've no real impatience with this at all.
    20g is usually standard fashion earrings so try 18g and use the guidelines suggested in the front page of this thread.

The snowflakes are lovely, I need to save up one day and get me some nice Anatometal stuff, can't afford it right now though haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Opinion.

Advice.

2 very different things.
    Since when is opinion-based advice not valid? It was an innocent suggestion, not me saying "this is the only way to go about this or you're doing it completely wrong." As far as not being in a rush - I agree to an extent, but if something is faster and at least equally as safe as the slower alternative, that just seems to me to be the logical step to take. Why go the slow way when you can save time (and money) and have no drawbacks? That's my perspective.

Again, I stress that she's free to do whatever she wants--I just felt like defending my line of thinking...
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Since when is opinion-based advice not valid?
    I didn't say it wasn't valid, just different, exactly as you quote me saying....

I have an opinion on how to heal piercings based on what I like to do, however I wouldn't necessarily give that advice to someone who has just had a piercing done saying any other way was a PITA.

Maybe that's just how I live my life, I have my opinion about my own body but I'd only give generalised or best practice advice on someone else's anatomy/wellbeing.

Not sure why you feel the need to defend, no one has attacked you. As you say, people have opinions, not always the same one, don't let it bother you.
    Last edited by Boo; 01-22-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Oh bum. I MAY just have the beginnings of a blowout on the front of my lobe. To be honest, I didn't think that could happen with ridiculously slow taping. Crap. Back to square one with this then.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

I honestly didn't mean to generalize, at least not to the extent you seem to be interpreting. I said they could be a PITA, not that it necessarily would be for her. Anyway, I'm really sorry if it wasn't totally clear what I was trying to say.

MissSherwood: That sucks, but hopefully you caught it quickly!
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"

The thing is, I've not really got a minimum size, or a maximum size. I might stop as soon as 14g and just go back down to 20g, I might go up to 8, I might go up further! I just like the pretty things you can get in larger sizes. I don't really mind if it takes me a while? Because I'm not sure where my 'goal' is, I'll just take it as it comes and stretch when my ears are ready and I feel like it!
    Dappled's the name! <3

Piercings: Lobes, VCH, fourchette
    Tattoos: Pawprints, Zebra head, Rabbit
    Planned: Septum, Nipples, Outer labia, Other tattoos!

Wondering if I can have some advice. I bought a 1.6mm taper from where I got my tongue pierced yesterday and it was advertised as 'starter size' This went through my right ear fine. (My ears were gunned unfortunately and it's been years since they were done). I went to a shop today, a different place looking for a taper for my other ear, they said what they gave me was the size below my 1.6mm, and I can only get it about a quarter of the way through my ear. I've heard some people have one ear that's harder to stretch and that's quite common. What does anyone suggest I do?

This is the taper that was bought today:

My right ear that the 1.6 went in fine:

I'm not in any rush to stretch either, want to do it carefully
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

horsesforcourses: Fair enough then. Happy stretching, and keep us posted