Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Quote Originally Posted by cooties View Post
    I don't think stretching slowly will make them more likely to shrink either (even though that's what you should do), from a logical perspective I'd say they are more likely to shrink if you do it quickly and rip the hell out of them (please dont do that) because then the shrinking process would be healing. But yeah idk.
    No, scar tissue is far less elastic than healthy tissue. The more damage you do to your ears, the less elastic ability they will have, and the less chance they will have of shrinking. Stretching slowly will give you a better chance of being able to shrink again.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
    No, scar tissue is far less elastic than healthy tissue. The more damage you do to your ears, the less elastic ability they will have, and the less chance they will have of shrinking. Stretching slowly will give you a better chance of being able to shrink again.
    I'm not sure I agree, I've seen a few people *damaging* their ears to get them to shrink up, and although yeah, its totally stupid, looks like it works. I think people build up and break down scar tissue at different rates anyhow
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

If you damage them then keep them stretched they will be harder to close if you eventually decide to retire them, however if you damage them then take out jewellery they will close fast yes, open wound will close. Don't do it though, its dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Can I just be the odd one out here? My original goal size for my firsts was 8mm. Several years later, they're still at 8mm.
    You are odd I'm pretty sure I wanted to go to 10mm, but I stopped at 8 cause I liked it!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by cooties View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, I've seen a few people *damaging* their ears to get them to shrink up, and although yeah, its totally stupid, looks like it works. I think people build up and break down scar tissue at different rates anyhow
    I was responding in regards to the context of the question posted, which was 'will my stretches shrink one day if I wanted them to'. SleeeepyHollow responded that stretching slowly will increase the chances of that, and I was agreeing. We weren't really talking about the situation where you might aggravate your ears to encourage them to close. Stretching slowly and carefully will definitely increase your chances of being able to shrink from a larger gauge if you one day decide to, which was what the question was about.

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

My original goal size was 10mm, I now wear 14mm and 1/2" and I don't plan to stretch anymore. So I didn't overshoot my goal too much

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Can I just be the odd one out here? My original goal size for my firsts was 8mm. Several years later, they're still at 8mm.
    I am very odd, my goal was 8mm and I've been at 6mm happily for some time now and am no planning on going any bigger really despite not having anything stopping me from doing so!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah well let's hope I don't get addicted then! I'm going to do it slowly.
    Have: Right lobe X 2
    Left Lobe X 2
    Left tragus
    Left helix

Want:
    Left helix
    Snake bites
    Right Rook or forward helix
    Right lobe 2nd hole stretched to 3/4mm.
    Right helix

Retired: Right helix x 2
    R/L lobes
    Left horizontal eyebrow RIP :(

Okay so I got my stretching stuff yesterday and the 1.6 won't go through without pain :( it must mean that I'm not even a 1.2...I just wear normal earrings (Vivienne Westwood and azendi) are these only lime a 1 or something? I didn't push the insertion pin through so I'm going to have to get to 1.2 first...I need jewellery to go in it, I'm just going to get a labret, what size length generally should I get for an ear lobe? I don't have particularly fat earlobes nor particularly thin.
    Have: Right lobe X 2
    Left Lobe X 2
    Left tragus
    Left helix

Want:
    Left helix
    Snake bites
    Right Rook or forward helix
    Right lobe 2nd hole stretched to 3/4mm.
    Right helix

Retired: Right helix x 2
    R/L lobes
    Left horizontal eyebrow RIP :(

depends, a lot of costume jewellery is only wire thin and therefore can be a small as 0.8mm. It also depends what you were pierced at, if it was a gun it was likely 1mm if it was a needle likely 1.2mm.

From my short experience i'd say 1.2-4mm on ears are the bitchy ones, my 6mm's are literally falling out (the flared end!!) i know 7mm can go straight in so i'm gonna try tapering for 8mm soon lol.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

I'd advise you NOT to stretch with anything externally threaded, it can rip the inside of the piercing.
    At small sizes (less than 1.6mm) you can get away with using bcrs - not ideal cos they're curved but they'll do if you can't find anything else without thread.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue