Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Im on 12mm and usally leave it a good 4/5 weeks before i go up a stretch, haven't had any problems other than when it was at about 4/5mm it got torn out by a very drunk mate when it was still fresh and i think it may have split the skin a little bit, i use vitamin e on it every now and again, especially when i first stretch this seems to help

ill proably go up to 14 once i find the taper i bought

Quote Originally Posted by 5hane View Post
    Im on 12mm and usally leave it a good 4/5 weeks before i go up a stretch, haven't had any problems other than when it was at about 4/5mm it got torn out by a very drunk mate when it was still fresh and i think it may have split the skin a little bit, i use vitamin e on it every now and again, especially when i first stretch this seems to help

You should go to 13mm first.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Quote Originally Posted by 5hane View Post

id go to 13mm first, stretching isnt a race afterall

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    id go to 13mm first, stretching isnt a race afterall
    oh ofcourse not, i might ptfe me double flare up a bit, its very loose as it is as i tend to play with it alot,

Hi I'd like to stretch my ear lobe to 2.5, 3 or max 4 mm. Do you think if I did it really slowly and correctly I'd have a high chance of them going back to my original 1.2mm size if I wanted to? Is stretching addictive? What is the best tools for stretching? I've Been looking at insertion pins on CF and then stainless steel tunnels. Is there any particular lube I should use? How long do you think It should take to get from 1.2 to 3? I'd like to take as long as it needs as I would like them to go back and I don't want scar tissue. Do I have to worry about the hole being close to another piercing?
    Have: Right lobe X 2
    Left Lobe X 2
    Left tragus
    Left helix

Want:
    Left helix
    Snake bites
    Right Rook or forward helix
    Right lobe 2nd hole stretched to 3/4mm.
    Right helix

Retired: Right helix x 2
    R/L lobes
    Left horizontal eyebrow RIP :(

Quote Originally Posted by nikorusama View Post
    Hi I'd like to stretch my ear lobe to 2.5, 3 or max 4 mm. Do you think if I did it really slowly and correctly I'd have a high chance of them going back to my original 1.2mm size if I wanted to? Is stretching addictive? What is the best tools for stretching? I've Been looking at insertion pins on CF and then stainless steel tunnels. Is there any particular lube I should use? How long do you think It should take to get from 1.2 to 3? I'd like to take as long as it needs as I would like them to go back and I don't want scar tissue. Do I have to worry about the hole being close to another piercing?
    If you stretch slowly the chances are you could shrink them back again, but there is absolutely no guarantee you will be able to get them back to 1.2mm, something to think about. Stretching it very addictive yes, I am pretty sure most here had a goal size something like yours, most have overshot it by quite a bit! Insertion pins are good yes, but single flared plugs are better, tunnels can be tricky to get in after a stretch. If you think about it from 1.2 - 1.6mm it will take 6 weeks at least, then 1.6mm to 2mm another 6 weeks, then 2mm to 2.4mm is another 6 weeks, then 2.4mm to 3mm is another 6 weeks, so your looking at at least 6 months I would say. The best lube is something water based, e.g. KY Jelly. You only have to worry really if your piercings are really close together, cause 3mm isn't large enough to be a real problem.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

^ I agree with everything

Personally, if anything, you want to overshoot the 6 week guidance. When I did 3mm-4mm I remember having to wait 8 weeks before my ears were ready - you'll be able to tell if you're stretching too early! I used some short barbells I had hanging around up until 2.4mm then started buying single flare glass plugs for the "bigger" sizes. In hindsight I'd probably have used the septum bullets everyone on here raves about seeing as glass plugs are relatively expensive for something you'll only be wearing probably 2 months max (see here) - leaves more money for pretty things when you reach your goal! You'll want something smooth for a new stretch, tunnels are tricky to get in and if they're externally threaded might aggravate it. As for addictive... um, yeah! 4mm was my goal size and I've already ordered some stuff to stretch to 5mm... but honestly, I'm going to stop there... maybe...!! Finally, when I take my plugs out my holes do seem to shrink back rather quickly (so I could go out without plugs and you wouldn't notice I was stretched) but always be prepared that they might not return to a smaller size.

I think you have to go into stretching with the mind that they probably aren't going to shrink back, because whether you are fast or slow there are no guarantees and you may end up distressed if your ears cant do it.

I don't think stretching slowly will make them more likely to shrink either (even though that's what you should do), from a logical perspective I'd say they are more likely to shrink if you do it quickly and rip the hell out of them (please dont do that) because then the shrinking process would be healing. But yeah idk.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Quote Originally Posted by nikorusama View Post
    Is stretching addictive?
    It obviously depends a lot on the person, but my initial goal was the same as yours (either 4 or 6 mm, can't really remember), and now I'm at 16. :x
    Current: 22 mm lobes, 2nd lobes, 8 mm septum, double nostrils.
    Future: 10 mm septum.
    Past: Bridge, central labret, double inner conch, helix.
    -
    Tattoos: Traditional Norse/runestone-esque halfsleeves and knuckles.

Can I just be the odd one out here? My original goal size for my firsts was 8mm. Several years later, they're still at 8mm.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue