Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Don't remove the jewellery for cleaning/massages yet, give it another week or so. Even though the lobe doesn't need to heal as such, I always give mine two weeks or so to settle after a stretch. Its not a new piercing, so doesn't really need salt soaking unless you are very OCD! Bio oil isn't the same thing as baby oil I don't think no, but for massages its whatever suits you, jojoba, bio, vitamin e etc. Looking at your pic that is quite angled.. I would probably try going up a few sizes and see what it does! But if it bothers you best bet is getting repierced.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I had them gunned aged 8, infection, let them heal. Gunned again at 13, same thing happened. Then at 18 I had them pierced with a needle and they healed up fine. So it may have been to avoid scar tissue that they were pierced that way, I'm not sure: there was never any visible scarring that I recall. They've been healed for 3 years before I stretched.

Thanks for clearing up about the "new piercing" thing, the mixed messages were getting very confusing. I've been massaging my lobe sans oil and it feels really nice ^_^

Also my goal size isn't that big, definitely 5mm but probably 6mm. Hopefully it won't be a problem, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Perhaps I should try wearing tapers as jewellery to correct the angle? [joke]
    Last edited by Bez; 09-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Correction: I looked at the backs of my piercings this morning and there definitely is scar tissue where my old piercings were previously. I think the angle must have been to avoid this, I can't think why else they would have been pierced at such an angle.

Do you think these scars are going to interfere with stretching? My goal is 6mm maximum. Would re-piercing be a better idea or am I likely to just end up with more scars?

If your goal is 6mm maximum you should be okay I think, if they're pierced that way to avoid scar tissue then thats probably the best position they could be in?!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I was thinking that too. The thing I'm most concerned about is my plugs/tunnels looking squint from the front. I'm also not sure if the scars that are there will interfere with the stretch. :/
    Got:
    - Left lobe 1.6mm
    - Right lobe 1.2mm
    - Left nostril
    - Right helix
    - 1 tattoo

Want:
    - 5mm or 6mm lobes
    - tongue pierced?
    - more tattoos

Had:
    - Both lobes gunned age 8
    - Both lobes gunned age 13

Tbh there's probably only going to be one way to find out!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

This has probably been asked a billion times, but I currently have my ear at 4mm. Wearing a sss tunnel. I eventually want to get to 8mm (not too big) I have a 5mm acrylic taper, and obviously don't want to wear that due to acylic being icky. So can I push the taper through and insert a 5mm tunnel directly afterwards?
    Also I eventually want to wear silicone in it (because of the colours and comfort) how long should I wait before I do so? I heard somewhere silicone is bad for healing streches.
    Piercings:
    3 x 1.6mm lobes, 1 x 5mm lobe
    Tattoos:
    Heart, Bow, Koi, Fu dog, Peacock

Quote Originally Posted by Yog-Sophoth View Post
    This has probably been asked a billion times, but I currently have my ear at 4mm. Wearing a sss tunnel. I eventually want to get to 8mm (not too big) I have a 5mm acrylic taper, and obviously don't want to wear that due to acylic being icky. So can I push the taper through and insert a 5mm tunnel directly afterwards?
    Also I eventually want to wear silicone in it (because of the colours and comfort) how long should I wait before I do so? I heard somewhere silicone is bad for healing streches.
    As long as you're not going to wear the taper it will be fine, just lube it up slide it through and follow with good quality piece of jewellery right after. Of course if you feel any resistance leave it a week and try again.

I think when I reached my goal I left it a good 1-2 months before wearing silicone.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I couldn't start a new t opic but its probably best I don't, which way are the flesh tunnels meant to go in? I can get mine in easy going through the front but I can't get in through the back. Currently I've only got one in through the back way as the other one won't go in, it does look slightly different on the other side so I'm guessing there is a certain way they have to go in..