Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Baby them=look after them, you've stretched waaaaay too fast after getting them done imo. You haven't even really let the initial piercings heal. I agree you need to downsize, wait a good 2 months or so or maybe more and give them oil massages, you've basically ripped them open because the fistula was never properly formed in the first place. They need to heal, recover and gain strength before you can even consider stretching them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

They don't hurt or anything though in general.. what is the best product to use on the piercing. They are the first piercings I've had so have little knowledge about whats good to use etc.

Have you read the guide at the start of this thread? That will answer a lot of your questions, you need to educate yourself greatly when undergoing stretching and knowing how to look after a piercing even if you're not stretching it.

Personally if I were you I'd do the following, downsize right back to 2mm, leave them alone for at least 3 months longer if you can, in this time you want to be treating them like a new piercing as you've basically ripped the healing fistula and possibly your ear open, sea salt soaks made correctly will help them to heal. After doing this 1-2 times a day for a couple of weeks and only if they aren't sore/red/swollen/crusty etc start to do oil massages.

Any oil can be used like jojoba, bio-oil (or poundshop equivalents), vitamin e oil etc and massage the lobes, this will help to break down any scar tissue you may have created and help them regain strength. Do not use thick creams or essential oils like tea tree or lavender.

By doing the above it may seem like overkill but your ears will thank you later on down the line when they are strong, healthy and free from cat-butt syndrome, blow outs and other nasty things that occur from stretching too fast. Also remember that stretching should never ever be painful, if you feel the slightest bit of resistance (ie the taper doesn't virtually fall through your ear) then you need to wait. Either this or if like me you have very stubborn lobes at times use PTFE tape, this is again explained in the guide at the start of this thread.

Others know a lot more than me about stretching and as such will no doubt be along to advise better than I but this is what I would personally do, what you do is down to you, they're your ears at the end of the day.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ what redraven said, basically you've rushed in. Definately time to downsize. Let them heal, and we're talking months not days here.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I can turn the piercings in my ears no problem though, there is no pain at all until I put a larger taper in and try to stretch, surely that means they are ok at my current size and I don't need to downsize??

Is the Holey Buttr' Ear Lobe Care Cream what I should be looking at using? I tried posting a link but it wont let me, google it

I have explained what I would do above, not hurting and turning them is no indication that the fistula is totally healed and strong enough to support stretching but again they're your ears, it's down to you.

Holey Butt'r is lovely but it's not essential, I use it on my lobes but it's not a must have, just a preference.

I had my lobes pierced at 3.2mm an they healed really quickly.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

I have a couple of more questions about stretching... a week ago I dead stretched one lobe from 1.2mm to 1.6mm. Went through no problem at all, and my ear is feeling great, no swelling, pain or even lymph. Been doing all the usuals, cleaning with saline, etc. However I've just noticed the angle my stretch is sitting at -- I think my lobes were pierced this way because my as-yet-unstretched right ear is also sitting at this angle. Is this normal? If not, will stretching be alright?

i51.tinypic[.]com/zlu2cw.jpg

I'm also a little unsure about whether or not I should be removing my jewellery for cleaning/massaging. I've heard it both ways, that I should be removing to clean thoroughly and rest the stretch, and that I should be treating it like a new piercing and not take it out until it's "fully healed". Which is correct? How do I know when it's fully healed? It's not sore, there's no lymph or anything: to all intents and purposes it feels exactly the same as it did before the stretch.

Only one more question: is bio-oil the same thing as baby oil?

Sorry if any of these questions are dumb but I really want to take care of my ears as best I can. Thanks all

How where your ears pierced originally? Needle or gun, the angle does seem odd, I'm not too sure if it will affect stretching.

You don't need to be using saline or soaking your ears when stretching, that's only for fresh piercings.

Stretches don't 'heal' as such and they shouldn't lymph as there will be no broken skin etc

I personally leave jewellery in for a week or so then take it out to give a nice clean/massage each day.

As for oil you can just get a cheap bottle of jojoba oil from ebay for like 1, it's the massaging action that helps, the type of oil isn't important. I doubt bio oil and baby oil are the same considering the difference in price/functionality etc

Read the guide at the start of this thread and you'll know a bit more about stretching. Try not to listen to people who babble nonsense about them being like a new piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    I have a couple of more questions about stretching... a week ago I dead stretched one lobe from 1.2mm to 1.6mm. Went through no problem at all, and my ear is feeling great, no swelling, pain or even lymph. Been doing all the usuals, cleaning with saline, etc. However I've just noticed the angle my stretch is sitting at -- I think my lobes were pierced this way because my as-yet-unstretched right ear is also sitting at this angle. Is this normal? If not, will stretching be alright?

i51.tinypic[.]com/zlu2cw.jpg

I'm also a little unsure about whether or not I should be removing my jewellery for cleaning/massaging. I've heard it both ways, that I should be removing to clean thoroughly and rest the stretch, and that I should be treating it like a new piercing and not take it out until it's "fully healed". Which is correct? How do I know when it's fully healed? It's not sore, there's no lymph or anything: to all intents and purposes it feels exactly the same as it did before the stretch.

Only one more question: is bio-oil the same thing as baby oil?

Sorry if any of these questions are dumb but I really want to take care of my ears as best I can. Thanks all
    How big are you hoping to go? Having your piercing at such an angle could lead to the front of your lobes thinning much quicker, and it also might be a little uncomfortable with some jewellery. I imagine anything with fairly large back flares might be awkward to wear at larger sizes, they might press onto the back of your conch. It's not ideal placement but it's up to you if you want to continue and see how it goes or get repierced at a better angle. It might be totally fine though.

A fresh stretch shouldn't be anything like a fresh piercing, and shouldn't even really need cleaning any more so than a healed piercing normally would. After the first couple of days just take your plugs out in the shower, give them & your ears a rinse, and pop them back in - that should easily be enough! If you want to do oil massages it's a lot easier without the jewellery in, heh.

Bio-Oil is not baby oil at all though, it's an expensive blend of various oils aimed at reducing scar tissue. I actually don't like it at all, it smells like old ladies and is weirdly not very oily IMO, feels really weird to me. Jojoba oil is always my favourite.