Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

I'm no expert, but getting 2.5mm into 0.8mm holes (assuming you're starting with standard lobes) sounds painful and nigh impossible. I couldn't get 1.6mm into my lobes, so I started with 1.2mm, which was easy.
    Current Piercings: Gunned Lobes (now 1.6mm), Tongue, Triple Helix(R), VCH by Elayne Angel
    Next Piercings:
    Going to see my piercer soon, we shall see!
    Want: Tragus (R), Forward Helix
    (R), Pinna (R), Tri-Navel?, Inverse Navel?
    I adore Bioplast.

No no, I mean I want to get a second hole pierced next to my standard lobe, then stretch that (a piercer has already said I have enough room to do it)...The piercing shop ask if you're going to stretch, and if you are, they pierce it with a 2.5. Sorry, I realise I was pretty vague just then .
    'Come. Let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.' - Chaim Potok
    ' Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.' - Anatole France

Piercings:

- Lobes.
    - 1 Helix (L).
    - 1 Rook (L).
    - Nose (R).
    - Tragus (R).
    - Double Nape Microdermals.

Want:

- Inner conch (R).
    - Helix orbital or anti-helix (R).
    - 3mm lobes.
    - Family-related tattoo on ribs.
    - Darwin fish tattoo on ankle.
    - Tattoo of the above animal quote.

Ah! Then I'm not the right person to answer this question. (: I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be along shortly.
    Current Piercings: Gunned Lobes (now 1.6mm), Tongue, Triple Helix(R), VCH by Elayne Angel
    Next Piercings:
    Going to see my piercer soon, we shall see!
    Want: Tragus (R), Forward Helix
    (R), Pinna (R), Tri-Navel?, Inverse Navel?
    I adore Bioplast.

Getting it pierced at 2.5 wouldn't affect it much, might take a bit longer healing, but I doubt it. It's only scalpelling that makes lobes stretchier, so that shouldn't be an issue either. I'd say go for it, you'll already be near enough to your goal size then!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AleggsMac View Post
    Just wondering, what's the best starting point? I know most go for a 1.6mm, but a piercer near me starts with 2.5. I only want to stretch to 3mm, but is starting at 2.5 a bad idea?
    Depends what you mean by 'best'...if you'd rather save time and start off bigger there aren't really any disadvantages tbh. Although 2.4mm is more of a standard size than 2.5mm ;D Not that it makes a difference.

i'd defo get a piercing at 2.5mm if you wanna stretch to 3, saves alot of hassle in my opinion.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Other:
    (Semi) Permanent eyeliner - current
    (semi) permanent eyebrows - totally faded

Quote Originally Posted by AleggsMac View Post
    No no, I mean I want to get a second hole pierced next to my standard lobe, then stretch that (a piercer has already said I have enough room to do it)...The piercing shop ask if you're going to stretch, and if you are, they pierce it with a 2.5. Sorry, I realise I was pretty vague just then .
    Why not just get pierced at 3mm?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I struggle to get from 3mm to 4mm :(

When I went to 3mm I went from 2mm to 2.5mm, so it was easier. How come there isn't a 3.5mm available?

I am trying to do it after a shower and using ID Glide. Taper only goes half way in until pain and if i leave it there it bleeds a bit.

What is the best lube to use if thats not ideal for this?

3.5mm is available, it's just hard to find.
    If your ear has bled you've torn it, ideally you should downsize and baby it for a month or two. Even if you don't downsize, baby it for a month or two. Could just be your ear isn't ready to stretch - how long are you waiting between stretches? (or attempts)
    Daily massage with jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, or even just a good moisturiser will also help keep your lobes in good condition (once any tears have healed)
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

What does baby them mean? :/ I only had my ears pierced normally about 3 months ago so they haven't been pierced that long.. I went to 2mm after a month and 2.5mm after 6 weeks then 3mm after 8/9 weeks but never done a 1mm stretch. I tried going from 2mm to 3mm but I had the same problem as I'm having now, luckily there was a 2.5mm available! Any idea where I can get a 3.5 from?