Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Quote Originally Posted by laurahair View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks for the advice on here both lobes are now sitting pretty at 2.4, will be going to 3.2 soon. And my little brother is going to have my septum bullets that i'm done with to do his lobes! Stretching-fun for all the family!
    I'm using septum bullets to stretch with no problems, is it ok to keep using them as i go up or is there a point i will need to use something else? I have already bought a 3.2 and a 4, i'm planning to go to about 5-6mm.
    If you get on well with them, septum bullets are fine to use as long as you like. They only go up to a certain gauge, but if your goal size is 5-6mm you should be fine to use them right up to your goal size
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

I've been looking up for some size charts and after few minutes of searching i found one site i thought it would be interesting to read. I started reading about stretching and everything seemed just right (except they called stretching, gauging) and than...
    Here's a copy of what made me : "***WHEN GAUGING be VERY VERY CAREFUL....when pushing (yes it will be discomfort and you might feel a burning sensation...but keep pushing if is causing HIGH PAIN to the point of where you area crying.)"

Is it just me or this is a total nonsense?! Since english is my seconf language i started to believe i got it all wrong... Did I, or am i right?
    Piercings:
    conch(2.4mm),
    tongue
    hip microdermal
    teardrop microdermal
    philtrum

Tattoos
    :

star (hip),
    music heart (back)
    right sleeve
    hand, fingers,
    leg piece

Other:
    corset play piercing
    self done scarification

Retired:
    industrial,
    tragus,
    lobe (20mm),
    lobe (20mm),
    septum,
    both nipples
    bridge,
    navel microdermal

Quote Originally Posted by inaya View Post
    I've been looking up for some size charts and after few minutes of searching i found one site i thought it would be interesting to read. I started reading about stretching and everything seemed just right (except they called stretching, gauging) and than...
    Here's a copy of what made me : "***WHEN GAUGING be VERY VERY CAREFUL....when pushing (yes it will be discomfort and you might feel a burning sensation...but keep pushing if is causing HIGH PAIN to the point of where you area crying.)"

Is it just me or this is a total nonsense?! Since english is my seconf language i started to believe i got it all wrong... Did I, or am i right?
    Stretching should never hurt or burn and there's no need to forcefully push anything through. Sadly I reckon there is probably way more incorrect information online about stretching than correct information. The very most someone could feel when stretching correctly is some slight warmth or a tingle that is there for a short period of time.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So my ears have been 2mm a while (10 weeks) and yesterday I stretched up to 3mm with an acrylic taper. Kept it in overnight so I could put a tunnel in in the morning. Woke up and it hurt, didn't think anything of it. Few hours later decided to put the tunnel and took it out and it bled everywhere. I've got the tunnel (surgical steel) in at the moment but am I alright keeping that in or should I downsize? I'd like to keep the tunnel in but I want to know what's generally best in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryWright View Post
    So my ears have been 2mm a while (10 weeks) and yesterday I stretched up to 3mm with an acrylic taper. Kept it in overnight so I could put a tunnel in in the morning. Woke up and it hurt, didn't think anything of it. Few hours later decided to put the tunnel and took it out and it bled everywhere. I've got the tunnel (surgical steel) in at the moment but am I alright keeping that in or should I downsize? I'd like to keep the tunnel in but I want to know what's generally best in the long term.
    1) You skipped 2.4mm.
    2) You should never wear tapers while stretching/in fresh stretches for more than the few seconds it takes to use it as a tool. It should be immediately followed by plugs/tunnels and not worn as jewellery.
    3) You should never feel pain when stretching lobes. Pain means you've done something wrong and should downsize.
    4) Definitely downsize, to 2mm at the largest.

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
    1) You skipped 2.4mm.
    2) You should never wear tapers while stretching/in fresh stretches for more than the few seconds it takes to use it as a tool. It should be immediately followed by plugs/tunnels and not worn as jewellery.
    3) You should never feel pain when stretching lobes. Pain means you've done something wrong and should downsize.
    4) Definitely downsize, to 2mm at the largest.
    +1

The idea is to stretch the skin, not break it, not cut it..make it bleed or anything like that.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Hi I'm pretty new to stretching and was just wondering what peoples thoughts on stretching crescents are? I know you shouldn't wear tapers as jewellery but does the same go for cresents, I have a steel one in just now, is it likely to cause me any problems?
    Nat x

have:
    central lower lip, scaffold, snug, philtrum, both nipples and 10mm stretched ear lobe

had: nostril, bridge

want: helix, bridge, triangle? and lots of tattoos

I used those when I first started stretching and honestly, just use septum keepers. The claw things move around inside your ear too much and make an uneven stretch.

But if you want to use them, then yeah you can wear them as jewellery.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadknots View Post
    Hi I'm pretty new to stretching and was just wondering what peoples thoughts on stretching crescents are? I know you shouldn't wear tapers as jewellery but does the same go for cresents, I have a steel one in just now, is it likely to cause me any problems?
    They shouldn't be worn in fresh stretches as they increase the risk of blowouts/tearing due to how easily they can be knocked and caught. They shouldn't really be used to stretch with either, in my opinion, as the sudden increase in size isn't great for stretching with, the curve can also cause an uneven stretch. Some people will still swear by them though.

thanks very much, i'll have a look at septum keepers next time i'm buying jewellery
    Nat x

have:
    central lower lip, scaffold, snug, philtrum, both nipples and 10mm stretched ear lobe

had: nostril, bridge

want: helix, bridge, triangle? and lots of tattoos