Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

Hey all just thought id post a weemsg not been on in ages *starts reading past-posts*

I want to help and give advice again =]
    other than that how is everyone?
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...igs/dibsam.jpg

Current:
    Right Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Left Ear - Lobe 10mm
    Lip - Lower right side
    Septum
    Tattoo - Anatomical heart with wings left lower arm

Near Future:
    Full japanese sleeve on right arm

the only problem i've ever had with stretching was my first. went from a 0.8mm to a 3mm straight away and my friend did it for me which was kind of a stupid idea. he used 3mm bullets with an 'O' ring on the back and it took him 45 minutes to get them in. he also used my original studs to cut the back of my ear when he could see the 3mm bullet wanting to come through...Bad idea! this made for problems throughout my later stretches. i went from 3 to 4mm by going to a local piercing shop who used a metal taper and followed it through with the jewellery. my left ear was agony even after 3 months since my first stretch as my friend had severly damaged my tissue with his brutal technique. 2 months on and my right lobe was fine at 4mm but the left was still bleeding on a daily basis (not a good indication) but i thought you know what i'm gonna go for it. went from 4-6mm using the same taper technique at my local piercing studio and it was less trouble than the 4mm. then every 4 weeks since then i have gone up 2mm a time. 6 to 8, 8 to 10, 10 to 12 and 12 to 14. currently at 14mm and when i went from 12 to 14 i had only waited 2 and a half weeks since my previous stretch (10-12) and my right ear was close to blowing out and was swollen and weeping for days. i stopped cleaning after 3 days of pain and left my bodies natural defenses to deal with it and within a day they were both fine. currently trying to stay at 14 as i fear i cant stop so will power is a must

Also need some adive on my other piercings but will post a thread when i have enough posts

Going 2mm at a time isn't a great idea either. Your poor ears!! Glad you're giving them a rest though.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Has anyone ever used/considered using Tattoo Goo on their ears? I spotted a tin of it in my room leftover from when I got tattooed in March and thought about it for a minute. I think my emu oil might be getting a little old and I've been wanting to try something new anyway. Plus I just love the smell and would love a reason to use it again... Here's a list of the ingredients, would any of them be harmful for my lobes?
    Olive Oil: a mild lubricant that softens and moisturizes the skin
    Beeswax: natural base used instead of petroleum or lanolin products
    Cocoa Butter: soothes burns and abrasions
    Wheat Germ Oil: relieves inflammation of skin abrasions, burns, and wounds
    Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocophery (Vitamin E): heals burns and skin abrasions
    Lavender Oil: heals minor burns and relives inflammation and itching
    Sunflower Oil: skin moisturizer
    Rosemary Extract: skin softening agent that helps prevent infection
    D&C Green 6: non-staining, food grade coloring
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I would go for it Theres nothing bad in there.. Give it a go and see how it works!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I've used that tattoo goo suff on my ears before and it was fine. Can't say I'm all that keen on the smell though...
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it; at least I know nothing bad will happen and if I don't like it I can stop. I'm just trying to save money and it's one thing I have around the house!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Mmmmmm tattoo goo I found an ancient half-dried-up tin of it in the back of my cupboard a while back and HAD TO warm it up and dig around in it just to enjoy the smell. I hate lavender with a vengeance but all the other yummy things in goo overpower it. I did throw it out though, it's at least 5 years old and the tin was rusty.
    Your ears and nose will thank you.

Anyway...

I was wondering what the current thinking is on healing time for a fresh piercing before stretching should be attempted? Going to get my lobes re-done and take them up to 4mm. As it's not a huge stretch I was wondering if I could start it after less than a year?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post

I was wondering what the current thinking is on healing time for a fresh piercing before stretching should be attempted? Going to get my lobes re-done and take them up to 4mm. As it's not a huge stretch I was wondering if I could start it after less than a year?

The usual suggested timescale is 6 months of healing before stretching I'm assuming by your sig that you don't mean going from 1.6 to 4mm in one go. Doesn't really matter what your goalsize is, the healing period won't be affected by that
    Last edited by ninjagirl; 11-29-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings