Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

So I need some reassurance or advice right now.

Earlier tonight, I took my plugs out to look at the hole size without them in, and when I was playing around with it and looked at the back holes, they looked wrinkly like cat butt. :[ I don’t know why that would happen, I always stretch so slowly. It doesn't look totally terrible, but it just freaked me out cause I don't want ugly lobes.
    I’ve also been noticing my left lobe is really stubborn. I’ve been taping both, and the right one has been fine, but I noticed the other day I can’t push the plug all the way through on my left ear because the tape got bunched up and is too big at the top. I pulled off a layer because I’m getting nervous it’s being stretched too fast and if I got a blow out I think I would cry. Do you think I've just been taping too fast? I was thinking I'd probably wait another couple days before taping again, and even then maybe just do the right lobe and wait another day or two to do the other one.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

my ears do that too....there is always going to be some skin retration which leads to what I like yo call "bacon ears". Hth.
    -Kevin
    Current: | Left Lobe 14mm | Right Lobe 25mm | Tragus (R) 1.2mm | Inner Conch (R) 1.6mm | Septum 1.2mm
    Want: | Navel | Bridge | Snug | (L) Tragus | (L) Inner Conch | 50mm lobes
    Getting Soon: Navel
    Retired: Double Spider Bites

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post

Earlier tonight, I took my plugs out to look at the hole size without them in, and when I was playing around with it and looked at the back holes, they looked wrinkly like cat butt. :[ I don’t know why that would happen, I always stretch so slowly. It doesn't look totally terrible, but it just freaked me out cause I don't want ugly lobes.
    I’ve also been noticing my left lobe is really stubborn. I’ve been taping both, and the right one has been fine, but I noticed the other day I can’t push the plug all the way through on my left ear because the tape got bunched up and is too big at the top. I pulled off a layer because I’m getting nervous it’s being stretched too fast and if I got a blow out I think I would cry. Do you think I've just been taping too fast? I was thinking I'd probably wait another couple days before taping again, and even then maybe just do the right lobe and wait another day or two to do the other one.
    I'm not sure what's caused it Alexandra but it is fairly normal for your ears to wrinkle a bit when you take the jewellery out, even when they are perfectly healthy and you've done everything right, it's just the skin sorta contracting (dunno if that's the right word really, but it's twenty past six in the morning and you get what I mean) because there's no jewellery to hold it open

If you're really concerned about it though you could take the tape off, do lots of massages with a nice oil or moisturiser and see if that helps, then start taping again. I know you were really excited to get to your goal size but you've got you're whole life to stretch, your ears aren't going anywhere (I would hope)

That's what I'd do if it were me anyway
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

No I have that on my right ear, left one is totally smooth and round though. It just kinda looks like that from the back. I think it's from stretching too fast (I know, I didn't either, but obviously our ears don't like it too much!) so I've just downsized mine slightly and keep massaging vitamin E oil into it and it seems to be slowly smoothing out again.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post

Taping makes my ears dry and they always have more of a wrinkle to them when I'm taping. I wouldn't panic, you're going pretty slow and obviously being careful! It takes a while of being at each size before my ears become totally smooth, and even then it's not all the time - I agree with Nat, it's natural for the skin to contract together somewhat when there's nothing holding it in place. Just keep on being cautious and soon you'll have ridiculously cool Pokemon plugs in ;D

I've been stretching my tongue for a couple of months now, leaving about 6 weeks inbetween each. I prefer steel tapers but i can only find plastic ones or a massive steel stretching cresant ( like 4mm x 20mm). Would it be best to go for the taper or steel cresant ?
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

Quote Originally Posted by valers26 View Post
    I've been stretching my tongue for a couple of months now, leaving about 6 weeks inbetween each. I prefer steel tapers but i can only find plastic ones or a massive steel stretching cresant ( like 4mm x 20mm). Would it be best to go for the taper or steel cresant ?
    They sell steel tapers on BJS.

I have such awful searching skills, thanks
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    I'm not sure what's caused it Alexandra but it is fairly normal for your ears to wrinkle a bit when you take the jewellery out, even when they are perfectly healthy and you've done everything right, it's just the skin sorta contracting (dunno if that's the right word really, but it's twenty past six in the morning and you get what I mean) because there's no jewellery to hold it open

If you're really concerned about it though you could take the tape off, do lots of massages with a nice oil or moisturiser and see if that helps, then start taping again. I know you were really excited to get to your goal size but you've got you're whole life to stretch, your ears aren't going anywhere (I would hope)

That's what I'd do if it were me anyway
    Hmm I feel better about it now and I really don't wanna have to start retaping..but as you said, I do have my whole life to stretch. Maybe I'll post a picture for everyone to see and decide whether it's bad or not.

Quote Originally Posted by heifferflump View Post
    No I have that on my right ear, left one is totally smooth and round though. It just kinda looks like that from the back. I think it's from stretching too fast (I know, I didn't either, but obviously our ears don't like it too much!) so I've just downsized mine slightly and keep massaging vitamin E oil into it and it seems to be slowly smoothing out again.
    How unlucky for us!
    How long have you been doing oil massages?
    I REALLY don't wanna start over again, but my plugs aren't even ready yet anyway and like I said, healthy lobes are important.

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Taping makes my ears dry and they always have more of a wrinkle to them when I'm taping. I wouldn't panic, you're going pretty slow and obviously being careful! It takes a while of being at each size before my ears become totally smooth, and even then it's not all the time - I agree with Nat, it's natural for the skin to contract together somewhat when there's nothing holding it in place. Just keep on being cautious and soon you'll have ridiculously cool Pokemon plugs in ;D
    Oh really? I didn't know that could cause that. You've reassured me into thinking it's nothing, but I'm still gonna be careful and not add anymore tape for a few days.
    Last edited by tacosareyummeh; 09-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I've only been doing oil massages for the past 2-3 weeks and they are so much better already. Initially I was doing them 3 times a day (my ears went really scabby from an allergic reaction to the new o rings) but now it's just like once a day.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest