Thread: Stretching Guide and All Questions Regarding It

How are your ears getting hit exactly?! I would avoid wearing it where you may come under ear related abuse :p (contact sports etc) And go with something like silicon instead, something squishy!

But it depends on the size, and the plug. Tunnels are more likely to shatter than plugs, for obvious sciency kind of reasons. I've never had glass jewellery shatter or break on me, and I wear glass plugs a hell of alot.

Really though, your ears getting banged about isnt the best thing for stretches!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    How are your ears getting hit exactly?! I would avoid wearing it where you may come under ear related abuse :p (contact sports etc) And go with something like silicon instead, something squishy!

But it depends on the size, and the plug. Tunnels are more likely to shatter than plugs, for obvious sciency kind of reasons. I've never had glass jewellery shatter or break on me, and I wear glass plugs a hell of alot.

Really though, your ears getting banged about isnt the best thing for stretches!
    yeah i play rugby for the uni which i always take my tunnels out for, but on nights out and that things always seem to get physical and people wrestle eachother etc haha so my ears get banged pretty hard a few times whenever i go out

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    thanks for the info!

Does anyone know if the glass tunnels are fragile at all?
    i wouldnt have thought so, they're normally pyrex or atleast the ones i've seen are. the sorta shit microwave dishes are made from
    Last edited by steve001; 02-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Do you massage your ears with vitamin e oil with or without the plug in your ear?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide silence View Post
    Do you massage your ears with vitamin e oil with or without the plug in your ear?
    Without, its not possible to massage an earlobe with plugs in really, not properly anyway, and especially if your plugs are not small (at 10mm its not really possible). More plug than earlobe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctopus View Post
    Without, its not possible to massage an earlobe with plugs in really, not properly anyway, and especially if your plugs are not small (at 10mm its not really possible). More plug than earlobe.
    What if you've just stretched though and your ear is still kinda sore?

Shouldn't be sore if you've waited long enough.
    I don't do massages in the first few days after a stretch though, gives them a little time to settle in at that size.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide silence View Post
    What if you've just stretched though and your ear is still kinda sore?
    If you just stretched and its sore, you have stretched too soon and should be putting the old smaller plug back in and waiting longer!

When I've stretched in the past(Im at target 22mm now), I stretch up on the morning, then by the next evening will be taking it out to clean and massage it, I cannot stand to go for more than 48 hours without cleaning(usually every day), and always massage and insert my plugs with vit e oil. If your ear is truly ready to go to the next size it will just go in really easy and you will not have any sensation.
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 02-18-2010 at 07:30 PM.

I was just using that as an example.

Im stretching to 5mm tomorrow so I'll probably leave the plug in a few days and do sea salt soaks and then start massaging a bit later.

Well you dont really need to massage it, you can wait until its settled. But really taking it out after about 2 days for 5 mins to massage shouldnt be a problem if it was ready in the 1st place.

Plus if you take your 4mm out, and then massage it after a shower the 5mm will likely go in easier, so you wont need to bother with a massage for a couple of days anyway.