Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Employers and piercings

Default Employers and piercings

Out of all of you who have jobs, with the exception of piercers, do your employers mind you haveing your piercings in? If they DONT where do you work, well even if they DO. Im wondering....because I dont have a job at the moment, and was wondering what employers are like with piercings.

My former employers did not allow me to wear any visible piercings, aside from the standard lobes. That was working in a supermarket.

However, my new employers (in a call centre) have no concerns over my piercings whatsoever.

Luckily both of these are temporary whilst I am university. But when I finish I would find it very difficult to accept a job that would mean permanantly retiring my piercings.

my employer is totally against my piercings, and has frequently told me that i will be sacked if i get another piecing, lol that was after the first, and since i`ve been there i`ve had 9 ! lol

but iam made to cover them up which does make me look quite the fool, esp when he makes me cover my tunnels up, but at the end of the day i feel its worth it, and it is health and safety after all,

i work in KFC and they hate my piercings apparently its company polocy to have NO piercings, but this means to me visiable and non visiable. i have a tounge piercing, which you cant see, but iv been told to take it while on shift (8 hours, as if!!!) but i and no other girl have ever been made to take out navel piercings so im thinking they mean no facial piercings. But still, all piercings there are frowned upon

I work in a supermarket on the checkouts.

I'm not allowed my lip piercing in. But it's only the manager who kicks up a fuss, and he's only been there once so far when i've had it in. I wear a clear acrylic BCR in my lip to make it a little less obvious. None of my supervisors have a problem with it. He hasn't been around as yet to see the clear ring.

What really pissed me off is when the manager told me i'm not allowed my lobe piercing in either. Utter bollocks. He said "you don't see women going around with only one ring in one ear, and it's all about equal rights in this store, so i shouldn't see you with just one in either". F**k off mate, the store rulebook clearly says employees, both males and females, are allowed one item of jewellery in each ear. "Yes, one in each ear. Not one in one, none in the other". I just felt like punching him.

I believe he's gonna be there this weekend, so i guess i'll find out what he has to say about my clear lip ring. if he doesn't like it, i'll be quitting, i hate the place anyway!
    Piercings: Left lobe 12mm, right lobe 2mm, lower side lip 1.6mm, right nostril 1.2mm.
    Tattoos: None yet...

www.myspace.com/bigtom182

I have a band...
    www.myspace.com/famouslastnotes

i work as a cleaner at my school, they don't give a toss about the piercings, lucky me i suppose. although the school of which i study in did tell me to change my lip ring for a labret stud, damn them.
    This has been.....interesting to say the least.

I'm a manager at a chauffeur firm and luckily for me I'm not in the public eye so I don't have to worry. If I do have to meet with clients etc I will tone it down a bit, plain labret post instead of big cbr, septum retainer, plain tunnels for lobes blah blah, plus most of my other piercings, tats, brand, can be easily covered by clothes. Unfortunately though I couldn't employ someone with visable tats or piercings as most of our clients are up there own backsides high and mighty corporate types who throw a total hissy fit. The world is not as tolerable as we'd like yet, but maybe one day it will get better

my old employer was ok with piercings. yhe best way to find out if they are ok with them is to ask them about them and then u have less risk of losin your job

I'm a medical student, hopefully going to qualify as a doctor in July. It's still a job with a certain image, and a lot of the consultants have fairly strict old fashioned views (as do a lot of the patients), so no visible piercings for me.

I work at Booker Cash + carry + they are kool with my piercings. I did tell them I was getting my lip pierced + they said its alright as long as I don't wear big jewellery, although last saturday i got told off cus I had left my BCR in lol but yea they are kool with it which is really good.

Becka

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast