Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Employers and piercings

I work in a cheapo department store (Dunnes - not many people have heard of it, apparently) and I have my nose, tragus and two standard lobe piercings in each ear. Nobody has mentioned my nose and I don't think many people have clocked my tragus. Even when I had a horribly infected cartilage piercing (bright red, swollen, sticking out noticably from the side of my head) it wasn't brought up.
    I'm only one of four people in the entire place to have a facial piercing.

I worked in virgin megastores and they didnt care 1 bit, then i worked @ a cinima and they made me take all my piercings out and even cover up my tattoo i had on my wrist... what did they think was goin to happen... its not like it would fall off and drop in the popcorn lol most of the time when i have interview i just take all my piercings out till i get the job and once my foots in the door they all get put back in.

joe.cavers

I work at Marks N Spencer and the policy there is apparently "1 facial ring or stud per person" but there are a fair few members of staff with more. There are a couple of guys with 2 lobe piercings, a guy who works closely with customers on the complaints desk with a 6mm tunnel, one girl with a madonna (and she's got a sorta important position) and a friend of mine who has 4 piercings per ear (3 cartilege/lobe and tragus on one ear and 3 cartilege/lobe and auricle on the other). She also has a tattoo of stars on her wrist and none of these have been a problem.

So when i start loading up my face with metal (just got my first piercing last week), I don't think they'll complain.

We were discussing how happy they'd be if you got a septum BCR and then pointed out it says "1 facial ring per person" is allowed...

Joe

i started a new job and today was my first proper day and as soon as a got on the shop floor the manager was like "umm too much jewellery" :evil: MnS is well posh compared to superdrugs. i hate my job

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234