Thread: piercings after injections??

Default piercings after injections??

hi, on friday the 14th i'm off to get my school leavers jab, and a polio booster (bleugh) but i was planning on gettting my tongue web pierced the week after...i was wondering if it was ok to get the piercing that soon after the jab, or if i should wait a bit longer? if so, how much longer? cheers-gem
    *screams* hello!

i have....2 lobes(8mm), 2nd lobe on my left ear (soon to be an orbital), a helix, a septum and a navel

www.myspace.com/hyena_on_speed

:? Why do you think you'd have to wait at all? Seems a bit weird! No problem, go for it.

i thought that jabs affected the immune system? wouldnt that make the piercing more prone to infection?
    *screams* hello!

i have....2 lobes(8mm), 2nd lobe on my left ear (soon to be an orbital), a helix, a septum and a navel

www.myspace.com/hyena_on_speed

polio is live (but weak) but still shouldnt make any difference if you have a piercing done after as long as you feel fine, just give it a few days to make sure

Jabs can make your immune system weak if you cant fight it well, so as long as you feel fine i cant see a problem

Hmm, i'm not certain on this one.

When you have an injection you're immune system is under more pressure to fight off the new germ which has been put into your body. Therefore if you have a fresh piercing then surely it makes it more prone to infection, as your defenses are down? If you just go for it, you may find that it wont affect you at all, but there will always be a chance that it could become infected in a situation like that. But there's a risk like that with any piercing; whatever piercing you have at whatever period in time is always going to have a risk of infection. But what life without risks eh?

I would suggest you phone your piercers to ask for better advice than mine...