Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All ears for some lobe stretching advice..

Default All ears for some lobe stretching advice..

Easy people,
    I got my first piercing just before christmas, got my left nip done! i'm well chuffed with it.
    Ever since then I've been wondering what to get next, and i've decided to get both my
    ears done and then stretch 'em to 10mm. But the thing is, i've noticed that there isn't
    much jewellery and things available for the anything over a 1.6mm gauge and under 10mm
    plugs, etc. I don't really mind this, but it's just incase my mum throws a fit when i finally
    get close to 10mm and she wants me to keep the hole small, seen as i'm going to try and
    stretch 'em without her consent (mum: "my, haven't your ears got big all of a sudden...")

So what i'm asking is, if there's any range of jewellery for the in-between sizes,
    cos I can't really find it..
    Also, does anyone know what size you can reach before the hole is unable to
    close itself again? I think I heard somewhere that it's 6mm, but i'd like to hear
    from someone with a personal experience.

Thanks!

There's all sorts of inbetween sized jewellery. Personally, I have my left lobe pierced and intend to stretch it eventually - not sure to what size, but certainly going to stretch it. I want to put a flesh tunnel in it, not a plug (i'm not a plug fan!), and you can buy tunnels in a variety of sizes from this shop. If you're lazy, follow this link... http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk/b...iLastCatID=402 You can also get things called flesh tubes and top hats, which are similar to tunnels just a different style.

However, if tunnels aren't your thing, you also have a selection of plugs, ranging from 5mm up. http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk/b...iLastCatID=421

I have the same worry as you about my mum, I know she definately wouldn't like it. But at the end of the day it's my choice, not hers!

As far as a stretched hole closing, i'm not entirely sure what the size is, but it won't be very big. And it will also take a bloody long time to close up. Basically, if you want a large sized plug/tunnel in your ear, you will have to be content that you will always have that in your ear.

Hope this helps.

If your going to stretch your love it needs at least 6 months to heal fully first. 6mm is about your max before they wont shut.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Ahh, cheers you two. One last thing, Is there any way I could start on a larger initial piercing, as a sort of head start so I can skip a stretching stage or two?

There is indeed, spike told me about it actually! I was going to get it done myself, but my piercer suggested i didn't, so i've only got it at 1.6mm.

I believe the method is called dermal punch. It basically punches a section out of your ear instead of pierces and pushes its way through. This can be done at 2.4mm or 3.2mm, so obviously it's slightly more painful. Also, if you are pierced in this way, it means the hole will never close. However, if you are content that you always want to have the piercing large gauge, then it's good.

However, if you don't want to do this, do what i did and get pierced with a needle at 1.6mm. Don't get pierced with a gun. If you get pierced at 1.6mm then when it has healed it makes it a lot easier if you do want to stretch it. I am told gun-pierced lobes are more trouble than they're worth when it comes to stretching.

in my personal experience a parent is more likely to notice and complain about a new piercing than they are about stretching.

i live with my mum, and she's very 'conservative' in her ways, and she hates piercings. despite this, i have an 18mm flesh tunnel in my ear!

the great thing about stretching it that it takes a very long time (if done properly of course!). i personally spent 4 years getting to 18mm. so it's not like one day you walk downstairs to have you parents go 'what the hell is that thing in your ear!!'. you put in something a little bigger, they may or may not notice it. if they do then it's quite easy to talk down as it's only a small increase in size. they have a month or 2 to get used to it. and then you do it again :twisted:

but of course i don't want to condone tricking your parents or going against their wishes. so first i would reccomend sitting them down and talking over what you want to do and why you want to do it. and fingers crossed they'll be pleased that you showed some maturity and respect for them and they'll give you permision. but then of course if they're like my mum, just use the info given earlier

Tom
    Lobe - 19mm
    Inner to outer conch orbital - 1.6mm
    Center lip - now 3mm
    Tongue - 4mm

My Gallery

hey im in the same boat as u. i got my left ear pierced just before christmas and i intend to stretch it to about 8mm. i had it pierced with a needle and had a 2.4 bcr put in so it can be done, i was told the healing times between 2.4 and 1.6 are very similar so u might as well get it done with that.

also im doing the same thing as u and not telling my parents about this,. well for one tihng my dad doesnt even know i have any piercings (iv got 4) and i intend to keep it that way. i think my mum may have twigged wot i plan to do after shes seen me researching about it on the net but at the end of the day its my body so she cant stop me. its a good thing ive got all this hair really aint it......

It blows trying to find those in between sizes. It's difficult to find anything above a half inch too. Im currently at 11/16ths I would be bigger, but I was an idiot when stretching and made some HUGE mistakes and i've really damaged my ears. My best advice is whatever you do keep doing what you're doing now and find out as much as you can about stretching. i didn't do any research before I started and my ears are in bad shape. be patient as well. :] another thing I didn't do.

if you look around there is a huge range availible below 10mm

crazyfactory do lots of stuff
    BJS
    body art forms.

they all have lots in 4mm+

heh, this thread is four years old :O
    Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast