Thread: What diameter hoop to go for for rook piercing

Default What diameter hoop to go for for rook piercing

My rook is nearly two years old and Iíve never changed it itís got the really long curved bar in still. Fancying a change to a hoop, Iíll probably get the same bar closure hoops that I have in my helix.

Which diameter is normally used in a rook? I know itís anatomy dependent but generally? Should I go for the 6mm or the 8?

also am I stupid to think I would be able to change it myself?!

Thanks

Hi FudgeTort

Sorry about my bad reply I’m replying by phone and bad at it. My Daith’s hoop wise are 8mm. I really would get a piercer to change it for you as I have messed up before.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Hi thanks for the reply!

I’m worried to change it but it is completely healed and is the least likely of my piercings to get angry. My third lobe I had done 2 weeks after the rook still gets angry and crusty but the rook has been my easiest piercing ever.
    I’ll send them a message see if they are still doing fittings. No idea what is and isn’t allowed at the moment!

Hi! No problem. Your piercer should still be able to change it for you. I am not sure if ours has changed of late but, a little while ago they wanted you to pay some money towards the jewellery change to cover the cost of the PPE they used etc.. A lot of my piercings I would not be brave enough the change myself (I am clumsy and panic). Piercers are much better at it and doesn't take them long as unlike me they know what they are doing. I think my Rook was pretty well behaved too - unlike the rest of them.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 09-15-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

To be honest I probably won’t be able to even get the balls off myself ! I couldn’t with my helix and my piercer changed those for me, but I know they’re doing limited things at the moment.

My piercer put a 6mm bar closure ring in. There was no way I could have done it without tools but really happy with how it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    My piercer put a 6mm bar closure ring in. There was no way I could have done it without tools but really happy with how it looks!
    Good job you went. That is good you are all sorted now.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thanks I’m really pleased with it. It’s been my fastest healing piercing, including my first lobes. The jewellery change hasn’t angered it at all.