Thread: Daith jewellery

Default Daith jewellery

hey everyone hope your all safe and well. I'm looking for some advice as my piercing place obviously isn't open yet and they are not answering my email either. My faith is now fully healed and I'm wanted to change it to a clicker. Are clickers good and sturdy and hard to fall out? I'm also confused as to what size I need to get aswell any advice? Last question this will be my first time changing it I was meant to go and have it changed but with lockdown I now can't. Are they easy to change any tips and advice. I don't want to get the bar put and panicking when I can't get it back in and cant get anywhere to help. I've looked online for clickers and can't seem to find many. Thank you.

Hi Loobyloo30 Please like you have mentioned yourself don't try it yourself! I am so tempted to change a few of my own piercings at the moment but, I am leaving them until my piercer is open as knowing my luck something is bound to happen and I will loose my piercing('s). I am not sure about clickers in a Daith. Please could someone on here be kind enough to correct me about this? I always "thought" that if you had a Daith pierced (like an eyebrow) you shouldn't really be using a straight bar like thing like a clicker. When your piercing heals I always understood that the healing tunnel it makes naturally goes in to a curved shape that is why curved things are better for these piercings. There are some nice ring/hoop like Daith jewellery out there as I am looking for some at the moment.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-02-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thankyou mazzy. I think your right I should wait for the piercing studio to open because knowing my luck ill get one bar out and won't be able get the new one in then panic. I do jormally get them changed first time by my piercer. I've never had a curved piercing before either so I'm guessing these are alot trickier to change. The bar is long long at the moment i can't wait to get it changed. Thanks mazzy

No problem at all Loobyloo30. Yes, - please wait a little while longer and see the proper person. I would never attempt to change a Daith. I've
    had a not very good experience a couple of years ago changing a pair of simple Helix's that were quite new due to not getting on with the bar and being agony. It was not nice at all. Screaming and crying as I was trying to put Labret posts in and couldn't find the holes as they went in backwards. I had to put the post in backwards in the end as it happened typically when the piercers were closed.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-06-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'd wait at least until you were able to get assistance if you can't do it yourself.
    My experience says that changing non-lobe ear piercings can be very difficult.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Thankyou for your replies ive decided to wait it out because I know ill panic when I cant get it in. My piercer is opening on the 20th with appointments only so I'll wait a few weeks then go and have it changed. Still deciding on jewellery aswell so it will give me time check some out

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    I'd wait at least until you were able to get assistance if you can't do it yourself.
    My experience says that changing non-lobe ear piercings can be very difficult.
    Yes, It is -yv- take it from me. Please still wait to see your piercer Loobyloo30. I am friends with my piercer and they have said when they reopen they are not allowed near the face or ears at the moment. The neck down they are only allowed to pierce so, I am sorry to say that you maybe waiting a bit longer.

Quite a few Tattoo's.