Thread: Need some help with a nose hoop

Default Need some help with a nose hoop

Was looking for a right nose hoop, I go for the snug fit around the nostril.. anyway, ordered a 9mm, fits nice and tight, 18g, but ended up looking like it was “stretching” my hole on my nostril? Ordered an 11mm, way too big.

is it normal when you go from straight studs to hoops for the hole to possibly stretch a little? Or should I go in the middle and order a 10mm hoop?

maybe possibly I tugged it Putting on a shirt, it’s a hoop that clicks together.

001.jpg 002.jpg

here are some pictures, the ring is allergy free, I tried the 9mm again for a few days, first few was fine, then it looked like it was stretching, maybe when I sleep I roll over and it pulls? Like I said the 11’m was was too big... love the fit of the 9mm, but if I have to try a 10mm I will.
    Last edited by FiL; 06-08-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Hi Flexmaj, Not sure if this is helpful but, I just cannot get on with nose hoops at all. I found them very uncomfortable and like you mention the stretched feeling - even though I had room. The nose hoop in your photograph looks too small to me. I would leave keep changing your nose hoop for now as you are going to make it really sore.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-07-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Hi

I found the same thing with mine. I only ever wore a stud for years and switched to a hoop a couple of years ago, and it felt a bit uncomfortable to start with. I tried a semi segment hoop and it was more comfortable so that's what I always have in now. Think it just feels like it's stretching with a hoop because it's round whereas a stud has a straight bar through the actual piercing.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum, tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh