Thread: Permanent removal of forward helix

Default Permanent removal of forward helix

I have a two year old forward helix that I want to remove permanently. It is always getting caught or banged & it is always crusty in the mornings. Is there anything I should do if I take it out? I donít want an infection. Thanks.

Assuming it isn't infected at the moment, just take it out and keep it clean. Clean it, and your hands before doing so.

Have you thought about changing jewellery to something that won't get caught and therefore keep your piercing?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

I was thinking about that but don’t know what to change it to. At the moment I have a 2mm ball. It seems to not like me sleeping on it.

I suggest going to see your piercer and see what they suggest.

Also, make sure your jewellery is quality titanium - a lot of piercing problems are caused by allergic reactions which you shouldn't have with titanium.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital