Thread: Painful 2 week old daith piercings

Default Painful 2 week old daith piercings

So I got both my daiths and 2 in each lobe about 2 weeks ago. My piercer used titanium 16 gauge bars for all piercings and recommended I use bactine and H2Ocean or make my own saline solution with cotton swabs around the holes. I've been using all of it a few times daily and have stopped bleeding completely. I am also a back sleeper and have a neck pillow to keep my ears elevated so as not to put pressure on the piercings. My daiths are still very sore. I don't think they're swollen but they certainly ache enough for me to have gone through a whole bottle of motrin within these last 2 weeks. Was just curious how long til they aren't so sore? I know they'll take 6 months to a year to heal but was hoping they'd at least let up before I OD on OTC medications.

Stop using bactine if you are. H2Ocean or saline is fine. You've had a lot of piercings at once which may be adding to the increased pain as your body struggles to cope with them. How sore is sore? On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being unbearable and 1 being a slight twinge of pain, where are you at? Do they stop you sleeping? Any very deep aching/throbbing? What jewellery is in there and what is it made from? Have they been pierced correctly (ie not too shallow not too deep)?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Stop using bactine if you are. H2Ocean or saline is fine. You've had a lot of piercings at once which may be adding to the increased pain as your body struggles to cope with them. How sore is sore? On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being unbearable and 1 being a slight twinge of pain, where are you at? Do they stop you sleeping? Any very deep aching/throbbing? What jewellery is in there and what is it made from? Have they been pierced correctly (ie not too shallow not too deep)?
    On a scale of 1-10 it was around a 7 at the time of this post. I will stop the bactine. The earrings are 16 gauge titanium bars, she said bars to allow for swelling. My lobes are fine, only a slight tinge of pain there. My right daith is around a2 right now so not bad at all but my left one in my "deformed" ear is around a 6 right now. I haven't slept on it at all. It's a deep ache that kind of radiates into my head which sucks because I got these specifically in hopes of helping my migraines so right now it's just adding to it. As far as being pierced correctly, I have no clue. These were my first ever piercings and I was charged about $240 for them all. She was very professionally about it and everything was sterilized. The piercings themselves hurt but not as bad as I had expected. They were done two fridays ago

A 7 two weeks after being pierced is not normal. I'd expect to still have a little soreness but not a 7.

Has stopping the bactine helped any?

Also, are you leaving them alone or fussing with them? If you are constantly cleaning them or interfering with them in any way then please stop. I'd probably stop the H2Ocean and saline as well as the piercings should be sufficiently healed that just letting water from a daily shower run over them for a while should keep them clean.

Is the jewellery free and not putting any pressure on the piercings?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    A 7 two weeks after being pierced is not normal. I'd expect to still have a little soreness but not a 7.

Has stopping the bactine helped any?

Also, are you leaving them alone or fussing with them? If you are constantly cleaning them or interfering with them in any way then please stop. I'd probably stop the H2Ocean and saline as well as the piercings should be sufficiently healed that just letting water from a daily shower run over them for a while should keep them clean.

Is the jewellery free and not putting any pressure on the piercings?
    Actually the pain is much better today! I did stop the bactine and I also stopped rubbing around the holes with q tips dipped in the saline. Since I made this post I started just spraying the piercings morning sometimes afternoon and nighttime and my right one doesn't hurt at all. The left one that WAS a 7 is maybe a 2 today so I'm more than relieved. Still a bit sore after cleaning them. I think I can lay off the meds at this point.