Thread: changing to titanium jewerely for tragus piercing

Lightbulb changing to titanium jewerely for tragus piercing

hey, i think i am allergic to the nickel in my current jewellery, and i have heard titanium is by far the best jewellery u can have for piercings as there's little to no nickel in it, and many other good things with titanium. would all this help get rid of a small bump i have on my tragus piercing, and overall promote better healing. i have had my tragus pierced for around 10 months, but have had no problems other then the bump, (no infections etc.) thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by jasonk1102 View Post
    hey, i think i am allergic to the nickel in my current jewellery, and i have heard titanium is by far the best jewellery u can have for piercings as there's little to no nickel in it, and many other good things with titanium. would all this help get rid of a small bump i have on my tragus piercing, and overall promote better healing. i have had my tragus pierced for around 10 months, but have had no problems other then the bump, (no infections etc.) thanks so much
    Hi Jasonk1102

Titanium is one of the best to use - well for me it is. I didn't know this until being a member on here that Titanium has diffent grades as some is not so good. I buy highly polished titanuim now-a-days in threadless Labret posts if I can. I have noticed a difference with my Tragus. My Conch has done really well with a highly polished titanium barbell too (The Labret post wouldn't work for me there as it keep being hit). Please go to a piercer and get it changed properly. Our piercer has no problem at all if you bring your own jewellery.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 12-29-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2. Left Double Tragus - sadly! :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Deffo go to a piercer and get it changed out. I don't know many who allow you to bring your own here due to it invalidating their insurance (you can't prove what it is etc) but some may let you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Deffo go to a piercer and get it changed out. I don't know many who allow you to bring your own here due to it invalidating their insurance (you can't prove what it is etc) but some may let you!
    Hey, yea i went back to my piercer and they put titanium labret. not sure on the length, but i think they said there is about 1mm of room front and back to move it back and forth a bit, i am hoping that is fine and not too short. i didn't want it too long anyway because i didn't want it to be knocked around too much, as i know that the jewellery moving around too much can cause irritation. and i have had my piercing for around 10 months anyway and i think it's fine to have a shorter piece of jewellery now right? because there is no pus or blood, discharge etc anymore since it is way past the initial day it was pierced. Thanks
    Last edited by jasonk1102; 12-30-2019 at 05:40 AM.

Yay, I'm glad you got it all sorted out, shorter is better so as not to irritate the healing fistula.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<