Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: self-piercing and sterilization

I just want to tell you that the shop for the jewelry that I found was for initial piercings and the items are nickle free.

Quote Originally Posted by LJD View Post
    After looking for more than 3 months, asking questions, researching on the web ...
    I have at least 6 months left to ask more questions and search on the web.

When looking on Internet, the self-piercing frenum look easy with no consequence. After thinking more and more about it, we never see the failure and the worst of the self-piercing.

So I decided to go to a studio for my piercing, it'll cost more, I'll do half this year (about 3 out of 6) and the other half next years (the remaining 3 to do), depending on the piercer, I might go for either 2 or 2.4 mm, I'll prefer 2.4 mm. They're usually half price in the summer.

And I want to thanks again Boo for the fantastic advice. You gave me the kind of answers no one else would dare to give, you ask me the right questions for me to look more into the piercing.
    You're very welcome and sorry if I sounded a bit touchy but 99% of these posts usually involve someone asking questions, getting answers, hating the answers and having a hissy fit. I'm glad you're in the tiny minority.

I've been studying this kind of thing for a decade now, even watching many procedures - in person, not via video, asking questions, hearing commentary, taking advice from UKAPP and APP registered piercers. Self educating on anatomy, pathogens and much more. Why? It interests me. Would I perform a genital self piercing (or on someone else) HELL NO! Have I self pierced? Yes. Needles, lighter and ice cubes as a young teenager, my own piercing gun as an older teen, did my ear fall off? No. Would I recommend it? HELL NO!

I have performed a self piercing "correctly" in a sterile, professional environment. It took several years of knowledge/studying/learning, assistance from professionals including in person assessment, professionally sourced equipment etc. It was NOT easy at all and I had someone visually assisting me. That was a lobe iercing. Do I reommend it? Hmm, maybe, if you can do it right but even still, it was annoying and difficult to do and I was just glad when it was all over tbh. It took at least 10 times longer than a pro and for what? No money was really saved in my case. So I guess if someone desperately wants it for the experience/accomplishment just go whole hog and become a damn piercer LOL! Otherwise learn about play piercing

What is this material you mention? Is it implant grade? Biocompatible?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

LJD it looks as if you’ve taken Boo’s advice on board. I have nothing to add to her advice apart from something about money.

I hope this won’t come across the wrong way but someone once gave me some advice about money.... always have 3 months of your salary saved where you can easily access it, or preferably 6 months. Do this, even if you aren’t really someone who naturally saves money.

This has proved to be really good advice for me with those unexpected things which crop up in life.

Once you’ve got that money saved, then you can feel good about treating yourself to something.

Make sense?
    Piercings: navel, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples, septum, tongue web

I don't know why I should have money saved.
    The healthcare is free here.
    I've talked about it to my doctor and everything is fine as long as I take care of the piercings, I'll disinfect them a few times a day like all the others.
    As for work, I don't because of medical condition that don't prevent me to have piercings and/or tattoos.
    My income is low, that's why I was thinking of doing it myself.
    I already have 12 piercings and 2 tattoos, 1 big and 1 small.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12