Thread: Snug: In for the long haul

Default Snug: In for the long haul

The beginning of this month I start the piercing project that is my right ear.

\

After getting another set of high nostrils and having them for 3 months I decided I needed a new piercing. I put the snug in what I call "dead" space part of my ear. I'm not 10 days in and not it hurts. It's currently swollen, at times red and has it's own heartbeat. I wouldn't describe getting the piercing painful as much as it was more pressure related. My piercer did go over the many complications and general fussiness of the type of piercing.

Because of the fussiness I went with the basic silver jewelry and as it heals I'll change the tips out to match my faux black opals. I was getting getting over being sick when I got it pierced and was taking Ibuprofen regularly but then I stopped. Thats when it became swollen. I restarted taking Ibuprofen to see if it helps with the swelling and pain.

I clean its daily with a normal saline wound wash to remove the crust and if it's feeling especially irritated I'll try a sea salt soak. When it hurts I definitely almost regret it. I don't know if I ever had any other of my piercings hurt this bad. I can't obviously lay on my side. Travel pillow method doesn't work for me. But I'm going to stick it out for the long haul and end up with a hopefully healed piercing.
    Last edited by Brit Renee; 11-10-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2, Snug and Forward helix
    Facial: Double Lower and Upper Nostril, Septum, Vertical labret and Philtrum
    Want: Everything
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Congratulations Brit Renee.

A couple of months ago I had a Triple Forward Helix done and it was so painful and swollen I couldn't go near it. So, I archived for advice on here and it was suggested that to soak your ear in a cereal bowl and actually put your ear in to the bowl itself. I have never soaked like this before. I use warm as I can stand water that has been boiled with a quarter of a teaspoon of rock salt. It is difficult for me to soak it being in a silly position but, it certainly has helped! (I am now wondering if you could do this or not as your piercing is in a different place than mine is). Best to try it.

Happy healing!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 11-10-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Looks lovely, hope it heals up well for you <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That's one good looking ear!
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Congratulations Brit Renee.

A couple of months ago I had a Triple Forward Helix done and it was so painful and swollen I couldn't go near it. So, I archived for advice on here and it was suggested that to soak your ear in a cereal bowl and actually put your ear in to the bowl itself. I have never soaked like this before. I use warm as I can stand water that has been boiled with a quarter of a teaspoon of rock salt. It is difficult for me to soak it being in a silly position but, it certainly has helped! (I am now wondering if you could do this or not as your piercing is in a different place than mine is). Best to try it.

Happy healing!

I did something like that for my left ear. I had a like a crescent shaped container that fit my ear almost perfect that I would use to soak my ear.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Looks lovely, hope it heals up well for you <3

Me too. But giving me a small problem but it was the same thing my antitragus did. But i can't see well whats going on yet. So only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    That's one good looking ear!

Thank you!!! My mom calls it my naked ear since its not as pierced as my left one yet.