Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bump on inside of nostril piercing

Default Bump on inside of nostril piercing

Hi,
    I got my nostril pierced in early September so almost 2 months ago. About 5/6 weeks ago I started to develop a bump on the outside of my nose above the piercing. I have tried all the things that people recommend (aspirin, tea tree oil, salt soaks, neilmed, LITHA) and nothing is working. However ugly it looks though, Iím reassured that this is normal and Iím hoping it will go away on its own? My main issue is that the inside of my nostril also has a HUGE bright red bump on it and thereís really nothing I can do to make it go away and Iím worried that if it continues to grow in size it might end up blocking off my airway through my nostril? (I know this is dramatic and itís nowhere near that big yet but knowing my luck that would happen to me). I havenít been able to find any advice about this on the internet either, most people just get bumps on the outside it seems. For a while I thought it was just swollen still but I think by now the swelling would have gone down. Itís not particularly painful to touch but it just bothers me that itís there. Whatís the best course of action for both my outside and inside bump?? Iíve only ever had my ears pierced before so Iím not very experienced.
    ps it might be worth adding that when I had my lobes pierced I got bumps on them which were horrendous and didnít go away until I changed my earrings (but the hoop I have in my nose is titanium, the same as what I have in my ears now with no problem, so I donít know if itís a jewellery allergy?)

Do yow know if it's implant grade high-quality titanium?
    What type of jewellery do you have in there?
    Does the jewellery seem too long/short or tight/loose?
    How was it pierced?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi, yes it is titanium, it was pierced with a needle at a piercing/tattoo shop, it’s a ring. Could it be the fact it’s a ring that’s irritating it? And if so, would I be able to have it changed out by the piercer to a stud or is it still too early?

Hi Rk22, See if your piercer would be able to change your nose ring to a Titanium stud/post. I know rings have irritated me in the past.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rk22 View Post
    Hi, yes it is titanium, it was pierced with a needle at a piercing/tattoo shop, it’s a ring. Could it be the fact it’s a ring that’s irritating it? And if so, would I be able to have it changed out by the piercer to a stud or is it still too early?
    As long as it's high-quality implant grade titanium then it's ok, not all titanium is created/finished equally.

As above, rings can cause irritation. A good piercer can swap it out for you.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi all, I’ve got back in contact with the piercer who said they’ll have a look and can try to swap it out. The problem is though I don’t know if they’ll be able to get a stud in past the bump
    as it’s so big.
    is there anything I can do to reduce the size of it myself so they can swap the jewellery out?
    thanks

I’m talking about the inside bump here btw. Not the outside one. The inside one is significantly bigger and very painful

Hi all, I’ve got back in contact with the piercer who said they’ll have a look and can try to swap it out. The problem is though I don’t know if they’ll be able to get a stud in past the bump
    as it’s so big.
    is there anything I can do to reduce the size of it myself so they can swap the jewellery out?
    thanks
    I don't see why they're having a problem. Maybe go see another/better piercer? Are they not giving you any advice?

Sorry I might have phrased it wrong, I haven’t been yet! I was just wondering if it would be better to try to wait until it goes down a bit or just go and hope they can swap it. I think I’ll just go tomorrow and see what they can do.

Sorry I might have phrased it wrong, I haven’t been yet! I was just wondering if it would be better to try to wait until it goes down a bit or just go and hope they can swap it. I think I’ll just go tomorrow and see what they can do.
    Ah, I see. Yeah just go and see what they can do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast