Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bump on inside of nostril piercing

Hi all.
    just a quick update... I went back to the place I had it done and they swapped it for a stud. It was immensely painful (more painful than the actual piercing itself), it now looks absolutely awful and the piercer said that the bump on the inside is meaning Iím having to have a longer bar than I should, which could do it more harm than good. She said I should come back in a few days when the bump has gone down so she can swap it to a smaller bar so it can sit tighter to the nostril I guess? But obviously now my nose is super irritated and the bumps are even bigger and I donít know what to do about the one on the inside. Apart from clean with saline solution but that does absolutely nothing it seems. Iím starting to think I should just take it out, it honestly looks awful and itís embarrassing, I regret having it done so much. Is it worth even trying to stick with it or will it just constantly be a cycle of getting irritated, bump, irritated, bump; etc. The worst thing is with the ring the bump was just above the piercing but now the stud is ON the bump so it doesnít even lie flat to my nose and itís sticking out?!

Unfortunately, no one can predict what it will do in the future. You can either follow your piercers advice and see what happens or you can remove it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Rk22 View Post
    Hi all.
    just a quick update... I went back to the place I had it done and they swapped it for a stud. It was immensely painful (more painful than the actual piercing itself), it now looks absolutely awful and the piercer said that the bump on the inside is meaning I’m having to have a longer bar than I should, which could do it more harm than good. She said I should come back in a few days when the bump has gone down so she can swap it to a smaller bar so it can sit tighter to the nostril I guess? But obviously now my nose is super irritated and the bumps are even bigger and I don’t know what to do about the one on the inside. Apart from clean with saline solution but that does absolutely nothing it seems. I’m starting to think I should just take it out, it honestly looks awful and it’s embarrassing, I regret having it done so much. Is it worth even trying to stick with it or will it just constantly be a cycle of getting irritated, bump, irritated, bump; etc. The worst thing is with the ring the bump was just above the piercing but now the stud is ON the bump so it doesn’t even lie flat to my nose and it’s sticking out?!

Hi Rk22, Sorry, to hear that you are having problems. Not sure if I can really help as Boo knows much more than me. But, for some reason I have had a lot of problems with irritation and many bumps with ear piercings. I have to the point been so bad with them I thought taking them out would be the only solution at the time and well,... I have still got the troublesome piercings in now! I would have suggested to not do anymore saline soaks etc... The only wash I would do to your nose now is a nice warm shower rinse. No nose touching!

I know that my bumps one day would be awful and painful then the next not so bad, then they used to all come up all over again and start etc.... Then quite a while after the flair ups they slowly became much less then my Tragus finally healed two years later. Times I could have taken that out and screamed at it! I have had other piercings just the same. My nose didn't ever have any bumps but, it did take a long while to heal up.

Leave you nose alone now - don't touch it and see how it goes! Less is more sometimes.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 11-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12