Thread: New nose piercing problems and regret

Default New nose piercing problems and regret

I got my nose pierced about three weeks ago with titanium jewelry and I've been cleaning it gently with saline everyday. I know it takes months to heal so I'm not asking about that dont worry.

Things that are bothering me
    1.Whitish yellowish creamy discharge from the piercing. Yuck.
    2.Boogers/discharge getting stuck on the inside part of the jewelry that is impossible to get off
    3.Skin around piercing is always red
    4.Slightly raised skin around piercing,looks like skin is eventually going to swallow up piercing Theres no pain so I dont think its infected.

I honestly just feel like this is more trouble than it's worth for me personally. Washing my face is difficult, I have to make sure to not get any makeup near it, it always red, and it doesnt look good enough for me to put up with all of that. I'm going to a piercing shop tomorrow to get it looked at and I'm just here first asking for any advice. I kind of want to just get it taken out altogether but I'm not sure. I'm worried I'll just continue having problems with it if I keep it in. Should I try to stick it out and see if things get better or does it seem like I'm not cut out for a nose piercing lol?
    Last edited by Nickleberry; 08-23-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Welcome to the forum Nickleberry. How often do you clean your piercing with saline? Do you make your own? My body hates anything to do with salt. I find warm shower rinses really help. I am wondering if the saline is irritating you and piercers often tell you to clean too many times as well. What sort if jewellery did they pierce you with? I know very often that my piercings get very crusty and with the whitish gunge on them. Can you soak a cotton bud and use that on the boogers (lol...) that get stuck on your jewellery?

I have many times thought piercing's are way more trouble than they are worth lol.. - Then I go and have even more done. But, when they have healed properly they are worth it. I do remember that the nostril was a pain to heal as my mum and I had them done the same time and we never thought they would heal but they did. That is good you are going to get some advice from a piercers tomorrow. Can someone else advise a bit better than me please?
    Last edited by Mazzy; 08-23-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Welcome to the forum Nickleberry. How often do you clean your piercing with saline? Do you make your own? My body hates anything to do with salt. I find warm shower rinses really help. I am wondering if the saline is irritating you and piercers often tell you to clean too many times as well. What sort if jewellery did they pierce you with? I know very often that my piercings get very crusty and with the whitish gunge on them. Can you soak a cotton bud and use that on the boogers (lol...) that get stuck on your jewellery?

I have many times thought piercing's are way more trouble than they are worth lol.. - Then I go and have even more done. But, when they have healed properly they are worth it. I do remember that the nostril was a pain to heal as my mum and I had them done the same time and we never thought they would heal but they did. That is good you are going to get some advice from a piercers tomorrow. Can someone else advise a bit better than me please?
    I clean it once or twice a day depending on if I wore any makeup that day and I use neilmed saline spray in a can.
    I'm not very familiar with the types of jewelry but the stud in my nose is a straight bar and it's sort of short I guess and I asked for titanium. Theres no bend in it or anything. That's about all I know haha. Hopefully the place I go to tomorrow will give me some insight as well. Thank you for replying i appreciate it!

Its starting to get a bump on the bottom of it and the white gunk is coming out more. Yeah I think I'm gonna ditch this piercing.

Three weeks is no time at all for any piercing, let alone cartilage. The "white gunk" is lymph, it's perfectly normal during healing, as are bumps. I'm like Mazzy, just a quick rinse in the shower is usually more than enough, your body will do the rest.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MxSherwood89 View Post
    Three weeks is no time at all for any piercing, let alone cartilage. The "white gunk" is lymph, it's perfectly normal during healing, as are bumps. I'm like Mazzy, just a quick rinse in the shower is usually more than enough, your body will do the rest.
    This. Although Neilmed is totally fine to use.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<