Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you make of this please?

Question What do you make of this please?

We are having a bit of a problem at our Tattooist's now. The music is becoming very annoying. We have tried to take no notice of it before etc... Then the Boss had a "no show" and had nothing to do out front (where he tattoo's) etc.... So, with no one else being out front he decided to put his music on full blast. That annoyed my Tattooist as he doesn't like to hear his rubbish music. (We are tattooed out the back). So, with that he turned his thumpy music on louder. Mum had to make a comment as it was annoying her and I am sitting not too far away from the speaker. My tattooist got the "hump" with us and turned it right down to then turned it right up again. (As we couldn't stand him being humpy with us). I am so not looking forward to my next booked tattoo. I dread what is going to happen next.

Sorry, the writing is small - I had copied and pasted this from my e-mail to my tattooed friend that refuses to be tattooed in England. lol...

Are we just being over sensitive and silly?
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-07-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I'd vote with my feet. They both sound childish to me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

As a customer it sounds like you had a bad experience and professionals should never let petty squabbles overflow to affect the customers.

Only you can answer what you will do but it sounds like it isn't going to get better any time soon.

Given that you have taken time to write this post, I'd probably look for a new tattooist and let let that pair of idiots know what you think of them.
    That said, if your tattooist is good and you like his work then finding a new tattooist may not be what you want to do.
    Here's another suggestion - could you specifically request some music, maybe a style in between what that pair like?
    Or how about just get some noise canceling headphones and listen to what you want?
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I'd vote with my feet. They both sound childish to me.
    Thank you for your reply Boo - will do.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    As a customer it sounds like you had a bad experience and professionals should never let petty squabbles overflow to affect the customers.

Only you can answer what you will do but it sounds like it isn't going to get better any time soon.

Given that you have taken time to write this post, I'd probably look for a new tattooist and let let that pair of idiots know what you think of them.
    That said, if your tattooist is good and you like his work then finding a new tattooist may not be what you want to do.
    Here's another suggestion - could you specifically request some music, maybe a style in between what that pair like?
    Or how about just get some noise canceling headphones and listen to what you want?
    Thank you for your reply -yv-. I have decided that I don't think I would like to go back there ever again - sadly. Yes, we agree that they should not let their petty squabbles overflow to affect the customers. As like you also mention that it isn't going to get better any time soon. - It has now become unbearable for me and I now feel that I cannot feel relaxed there. I think they need to grow up lol...

I am trying to look for a new Tattooist's but I will struggle. They are in every corner here (and more opening up). They are mainly upstairs (I cannot get up the stairs anymore as my balance is bad). The Artist I was going to art wise was really good but, I think it is not worth being upset to be honest. Mum asked could they put some other music on for us - they did and it was meditation music and that believe it or not was just as bad thump wise with water flowing on it lol.... I was thinking of the head phones too (thank you for your suggestions). But, I haven't worn them in a good while as I have got quite a piercing collection healing at the moment.

So sorry, I have posted this but, I am really bad at trying to stand up for myself and just get left very upset. - Many thanks.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-08-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It can be hard to find a good, professional artist. Took me a year to find mine. Where do you live and what kind of style are you looking for? Would you travel? Will be more than happy to look at any links you provide or if I know/find anyone suitable I am happy to share.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Many thanks for your help Boo - It is much appreciated. I remember you taking a while to find a good, professional artist. I am very glad you found them. We live in the Northamptonshire area. We could travel but, not too far out. Like Corby, Leicester, Milton Keynes and Bedford are too far out for us. The buses are terrible here (part of the trouble). I will have to go to somewhere that is on the ground level as I cannot do stairs anymore and a toilet is better to be on the ground floor too.

Style wise - I am not sure but, I love just random bright coloured tattoo's. For example I have got a Koi, Seahorse, Desert Island type tattoo with a shell with a Pearl in it, Owl's, Peacock feather, Third eye, Lucky Cat eating a bowl of noodles etc.... Flowers, Blue snow flakes. I really need my Tiger re-doing but, also understand that some artists may not want to go near it.

I have found some links for possible tattooists. I have left some of the address' out as posting the www. These three I would have a think about - inkmarked.weebly (Raunds), I am ink (Northampton) the private room offer sounds nice! and Rose and Dagger. (Wellingborough). Rose and Dagger Tattoo upstairs but, have said they could tattoo me downstairs in a room but, the toilet is upstairs. lol... (Mind you, it is close to Morrison's Supermarket - so, I could go there if desperate enough!).

There are quite a few tattooist's in the area that I would not like to go to - I will not say their names but one - three people had piercing infections in that one studio and another blood poisoning. Some start to get not very clean (dirty toilets too) and some tattoo in the window for all to see and quite a few tattoo in the room where the main door is that is on a Main Road - nice! I hope in a way that the Northamptonshire tattooist's are reading this to improve themselves. This is why I cannot find anyone decent! Many thanks for your time too Boo.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It's no problem.

InkMarked - quality of the tattoos are extremely poor imo
    I Am Ink - Adam: Quality is all over the place, some look good whilst others seem poor. I don't think he'd be great at the kind of stuff you're into Nikki: Average quality imo
    Rose and Dagger - Matt: Good with old school, bold lines/colour. Realism not so much imo. Nicole: Okay with some colour/cartoon work, seems to be a bit hit/miss.

The studio I go to is one room and it has one door that goes onto the main road. However, they are private/by appt only so you can't just walk in. Plus the room is huge.

I'll look to see what else I can find for you.

Well I did a quick Google and this is the first place that came up, they look insanely good. Ground floor as well. Eight different award winning artists. I thought I'd have a tough time on my hands!

fatfugutattoo.com

Adem: Insanely good at realism
    Mira: Good at realism black/grey work
    Renata: Insanely good at realism/cartoons
    Mark: Really good at traditional

The rest are probably pretty damn good too.

Surprised you've never come across them! They seem to be in the center of Northampton. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Well I did a quick Google and this is the first place that came up, they look insanely good. Ground floor as well. Eight different award winning artists. I thought I'd have a tough time on my hands!

fatfugutattoo.com

Adem: Insanely good at realism
    Mira: Good at realism black/grey work
    Renata: Insanely good at realism/cartoons
    Mark: Really good at traditional

The rest are probably pretty damn good too.

Surprised you've never come across them! They seem to be in the center of Northampton. Let me know what you think.
    Many thanks for your help Boo. Sadly, Fatfugu "used" to be well known for not wanting to tattoo you if you have been tattooed elsewhere - believe it or not! I have a funny feeling - although I would have to re-check that they all moved upstairs as their studio has got much bigger with even more artists.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast