Thread: New piercings, how long until I can get more?

Talking New piercings, how long until I can get more?

Hi,

I have had a few piercings for a long time (5+ years), double lobes and tragus.

Beginning of May I got a helix piercing, this is still quite painful if touched.
    Beginning of June I got a third lobes piercing on each ear, these seem to be doing well.

I want to get another helix piercing and a forward helix however I have heard that the more piercings you have the slower they heal? I am fairly new to piercings so any advice would be appreciated

Also if anyone has a conch piercing how painful is it? I love the look but I'm such a wimp when it comes to piercings

Thanks

Hey Racheyroo,
    Helix piercings can be tender for quite some time and just when you think it's settled then it flares up again. Patience will pay off eventually.

Cartilage piercings generally take along time to heal whereas lobes are pretty quick healers. Personally I'd give it a good couple of months to make sure the lobes are well healed with no problems before more helix piercings. I only ever do 2 piercings at a time and maybe a stretch as well. Some people can take 4 or 5 but the more you have....the more the risk of problems imo.
    I've not got a conch piercing but if you can take a helix & tragus then I suspect a conch will be fairly similar. If you like it then just go for it. 10 seconds job done.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I agree with Rich. Give it a while.

My conches were very easy - both to pierce and heal - much easier than tragus or rooks. My forward helixes were definitely the hardest to heal.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    I agree with Rich. Give it a while.

My conches were very easy - both to pierce and heal - much easier than tragus or rooks. My forward helixes were definitely the hardest to heal.
    You have been really lucky -yv-. My Conch didn't really hurt when it was pierced but, when the jewellery was inserted it hurt. I have had a lot of problems with it as I put my hood up and caught it and made a weird bumpy thing that has up and down for over a year. At the moment I have got a long bio flex plastic bar in it and it is slowly getting better.

How painful were your Forward Helix's -yv-?
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-28-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

My conch was easy too. Healed very quickly (for cartilage!).
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by Racheyroo View Post
    Hi,

I have had a few piercings for a long time (5+ years), double lobes and tragus.

Beginning of May I got a helix piercing, this is still quite painful if touched.
    Beginning of June I got a third lobes piercing on each ear, these seem to be doing well.

I want to get another helix piercing and a forward helix however I have heard that the more piercings you have the slower they heal? I am fairly new to piercings so any advice would be appreciated

Also if anyone has a conch piercing how painful is it? I love the look but I'm such a wimp when it comes to piercings

Thanks
    Welcome to the Forum Racheyroo. Helix's take a good while to heal as mine have been a pain. I have nearly retired mine many times. One took around a year to feel better and the other two years. - I didn't realise that my Helix's didn't like the Labret posts they were in. I changed to highly polished Opal bars in the end and are much better now. Cartilage takes ages to heal up.

I have had quite a few piercings and the last one I had was last week and the time I left it from my last piercing was the end of September last year (Double tragus). They had been a bit annoyed so, I wouldn't even think of trying to heal another piercing plus I had a operation in that time too and the Conch got annoyed as well. I wouldn't like too many to heal at once - don't think I would be able to cope with it all. I am also after a Forward Helix or two but, I am worried about the pain!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-28-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    How painful were your Forward Helix's -yv-?
    Sorry, was away on holiday.

Not particularly painful. I don't really think or worry about the pain - yes, so it will hurt to a greater or lesser degree but it's only a second then you've got a lovely new piercing.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Sorry, was away on holiday.

Not particularly painful. I don't really think or worry about the pain - yes, so it will hurt to a greater or lesser degree but it's only a second then you've got a lovely new piercing.
    No problem -yv- Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Did you go anywhere nice? Thank you for letting me know about how painful a forward helix is. I wish I could be like that! - not thinking or worrying about the pain.

Quite a few Tattoo's.