Thread: Nostril Struggle

Default Nostril Struggle

Hi, I have a brand new nostril piercing that I managed to snag and pull out. While trying to put it back in, I felt the end of the L-shaped jewelry poking around inside my nose, behind like a millimeter of skin. I managed to get it through but I'm concerned that the poking around in between the entry/exit holes of the piercing may cause an infection. I nose-gargled with antibacterial soap and warm water and sprayed saline solution from both ends of the hole. What are the odds that I'm in for an infection? Thanks

True infections are extremely rare. You are more likely to have a response caused by trauma and irritation. Let it settle down, don't play with it, keep cleaning to only what is necessary which for me would be once a day with clean water. If you are really concerned then see your piercer for advice so they can check it and refer you if required to a medical professional.
    Good luck with the healing.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by breebree98 View Post
    Hi, I have a brand new nostril piercing that I managed to snag and pull out. While trying to put it back in, I felt the end of the L-shaped jewelry poking around inside my nose, behind like a millimeter of skin. I managed to get it through but I'm concerned that the poking around in between the entry/exit holes of the piercing may cause an infection. I nose-gargled with antibacterial soap and warm water and sprayed saline solution from both ends of the hole. What are the odds that I'm in for an infection? Thanks
    That sounds horribly familiar - I had awful problems with my nostril piercing and I remember trying to get the jewellery back in during the wee small hours whilst trying not to panic.

It'll be sore and probably more swollen for a day or two but you'll be very unlucky to get an infection. You might want to think about asking your piercer to change it for a nose screw or labret as they are far more secure.
    Caro