Thread: infection risk

Default infection risk

Whats everyone's view on the news released this morning (article) re Infection control
    bbc.co.uk/news/health-48613789

For any professionals reading this, what is being done to prevent infection control?
    Last edited by FiL; 06-14-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Welcome to the Forum Paddyprice. I have just seen this online too - Lovely! Well, I really would like to think that I choose where I get tattooed and pierced very carefully. I only hope that the professionals take things on board and give their studios a good clean up. There are quite a few studios here that could do with a good clean and closing their door that is on a busy main road - (They tattoo in the same room at the back more). One of them has had quite a few people complaining of piercing infections. They should be spot on for hygiene etc...

I have seen in one studio the tattoo artist showing his boss things on his mobile phone whilst still tattooing someone. Imagine where that mobile phone has been and he is tattooing you - cringe! I don't have tattoos or piercings local lol....

Maybe I am too picky!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-14-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

It should be a legal requirement that all Tattoo / piercing studios are fitted with some kind of hand sanitizers and / or even air purifiers

I think all quality studios & mod artists would welcome regulation which has been much needed in the industry for many years. My tatt artists are scrupulous with their sanitisation, sterilisation and anti-microbial procedures. My piercer is likewise with her studio to the point where she has asked me to scrub hands, glove up and hold parts of my anatomy out of the way lol but then that's because I have a keen interest in this myself.
    The trouble often occurs when the client leaves the studio and does not continue to treat the open wounds with the care required but the same can also be said about surgical procedures or injuries treated by other services too.
    I'm not saying all studios are immaculate hence why regulation is required. I'd also like to see a ban on the sale of tattoo equipment where idiots can freely buy them and tattoo each other whilst drunk & at home. DIYers do contribute to bad practice statistics too.

Do your research and have a consult. Ask lots of questions, look around and observe the studio for cleanliness and if you're not happy then don't proceed.

That's my thoughts anyway
    BTW...welcome Paddyprice
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Must be a slow news day....

Good piercers welcome excellent regulation, hence the UKAPP/APP and variations of such in other countries.

Many local authorities do have regulations, they are however, often not arsed enforcing them. This will come down to money so the question is....who will pay for it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    This will come down to money so the question is....who will pay for it?
    They will most probably put up the price of Tattoo's and Piercing's!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    They will most probably put up the price of Tattoo's and Piercing's!
    I can't see how a local authority can do that to a private business tbh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<