Thread: Rejecting Horizontal Eyebrow?

Default Rejecting Horizontal Eyebrow?

Screenshot (262).jpg
    It's about 2 weeks old. It was healing nicely, but I have snagged it a few times and lately it's been angry. I clean it 2x a day and I don't touch it. Should I remove it? Anyone experience this and have it still heal?
    Thanks
    Last edited by FiL; 06-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Screenshot (263).jpg
    When I first got it, for comparison
    Last edited by FiL; 06-12-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Hi Breebree98,
    Have to admit that eyebrow piercings are not something I know much about but I'm sure the basics all apply to them....

Quality jewellery.... What have they fitted you out with? Looks plastic which personally I wouldn't be happy with but I'm guessing there might be a reason for this? I would think that a titanium surface barbell may be a better piece and I have known skilled piercers who could adapt it to align with your anatomy too.

Cleaning.... If you are cleaning with saline then you could try just clean water rinses as sometimes the salt can irritate and a few days break from it will soon indicate if this the case.

Defo try and avoid any trauma to it!

Take another pic in a few days to monitor it as it may just be irritation from the traumas, jewellery type and cleaning methods.
    If still not looking right then go see a quality piercer who will confirm if it is just migrating or rejecting.

Hope it settles for you soon
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Hello Breebree98

I haven't got this peircing but, I have sadly gone through two "normal" eyebrow piercings. I ripped my first piercing within two days of having it pierced and the second one I had for nearly one and a half years (it was growing out). I don't think It will be good if you keep managing to snag it. (I am the same and have caught a few of my own). Shower rinses are very good to try.

I really do not know about advising you to take it out or not but, the thing that has shocked me with my eyebrow piercing after taking it out recently is what is left behind. There is quite a mark been left behind which, I am not happy about but, I cannot do anything about it. I really wouldn't know or would like to put you off what your eyebrow would look like in time if you had to retire it. It maybe just my body.

I have been told by someone that the Anti eyebrow piercing is recommended to have a plastic bar in it to stop migration but, I don't know. I would not want long term plastic in a piercing.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-12-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It looks like you have either a curved or maybe even a straight bar in it.
    If so, it was really not a viable option ever.

My advice - take it out now and if you are desperate for it (it does look cool) then get it done with a surface bar.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    It looks like you have either a curved or maybe even a straight bar in it.
    If so, it was really not a viable option ever.

My advice - take it out now and if you are desperate for it (it does look cool) then get it done with a surface bar.
    This.

A straight bar was never ever going to work. You need a staple shaped surface bar and a piercer who knows what they're doing.

Photo courtesy of Blue Lotus Piercing (UKAPP registered)
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    This.

A straight bar was never ever going to work. You need a staple shaped surface bar and a piercer who knows what they're doing.

Photo courtesy of Blue Lotus Piercing (UKAPP registered)
    Thanks for the responses.
    Is it possible to change the current jewelry to a surface bar without re-piercing? I was originally fitted with a titanium curved barbell but was told I could change it after a week.

I doubt it is as simple as just changing the jewellery due to shape and procedure for fitment. Both Boo and YV have confirmed my suspicion that it would be best with surface bar jewellery. If they both think it best to retire it without delay and get it repierced then, imo, that would likely be the best practice.
    If your piercer advised you could change it after a week then I would say they are bad news and I would not let them put a needle anywhere near me. You need to find yourself an APP/UKAPP registered piercer for quality piercings or a highly skilled and experienced piercer at the very least.

Sorry that this isn't really what you want to hear. I second Yv though....It does look cool!
    Last edited by TikiMan; 06-13-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by breebree98 View Post
    Thanks for the responses.
    Is it possible to change the current jewelry to a surface bar without re-piercing? I was originally fitted with a titanium curved barbell but was told I could change it after a week.
    Nope and find a better piercer please.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<