Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a shen men piercing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What is a shen men piercing?

Hi all does anyone know what a shen men piercing is? Someone mentioned it claiming it helps with anxiety so i started to look it up but theres not alot of info on them and ive also noticed that on pictures ive seen its on different parts of the ear some pictures it looks like a faux rook and some a flat so where actually is this piercing? If anyone has one do they hurt to pierce and how was the healing? Thankyou.

It's a marketing gimmick.

Just like the whole daith/migraine crap.

Any piercer who suggests medical/health benefits with piercings should be reported to their local trading authorities. (Not saying that anyone has done this btw).

Some people are running with the idea that acupuncture and piercing can give the same benefit. Probably to make money out of people.

The reason you'll see it in different places is because it's a load of nonsense and no one will really know what they're doing. Plus that area can be very anatomy dependent so some dodgy piercers may offer/suggest it and just pierce anywhere in the vague location of the acupuncture point to appease/trick the client.

Sad really.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    It's a marketing gimmick.

Just like the whole daith/migraine crap.

Any piercer who suggests medical/health benefits with piercings should be reported to their local trading authorities. (Not saying that anyone has done this btw).

Some people are running with the idea that acupuncture and piercing can give the same benefit. Probably to make money out of people.

The reason you'll see it in different places is because it's a load of nonsense and no one will really know what they're doing. Plus that area can be very anatomy dependent so some dodgy piercers may offer/suggest it and just pierce anywhere in the vague location of the acupuncture point to appease/trick the client.

Sad really.
    I will second this! Thank you for posting about this "piercing" as I found out this is true (what Boo has mentioned) - Not that I was doubting you in the first place Boo! It clamed online to get rid of I.B.S pain too - that is too good to be true. Boo you know your stuff!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thanks for the reply boo. Ye that does make sense. I had my daith done its 3 months old now and i still get bad headaches at times so unfortunately not worked for me. I did wonder why there wasnt alot of info on it and the fact the pictures ive seen are in different areas of the ear

Oooh, you learn something new everyday! Thanks for that Loobyloo30. I didn't know about this piercing. I have to admit that wheather it worked or not looks quite a nice piercing. - "Tempting"!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It's just an ear piercing, varies wildly on where it is. If it's viable you can have any part of your ear pierced tbh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm hoping to have this done on Thursday if the weather stays ok (have to travel). I just fancied something different although I know it may not help at all. I will let you know....
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-18-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Well.... what to make of this I do not know! - I read with interest about this piercing ever since Loobyloo30 posted this. I read it is "supposed" to help with I.B.S. the pain I can get is very bad and I have had a flair up before that lasted about a year non-stop etc... Hospital and Doctors cannot do much for me. The medication is hopeless. Anyway, I have had a flair up since I had my operation in April. As I cannot stand the pain for much longer I had this piercing done yesterday. I didn't feel nervous before then suddenly the nerves really did hit me!

My piercer knows a lot about Acupuncture but, said to me that she wasn't sure if this would actually work or not as my piercer still calls it an Outer Conch lol.. My piercer didn't promote anything about this piercing as I approached her about it all etc...

Luckily, where my Shen Men point is my piercer has made it so it matches my Rook on the opposite ear. Anyway, this one did hurt (but not for too long though!). The pain is pressure pushing like pain. Perhaps it was worse as I was in a lot of pain due to my I.B.S. Anyway, when my piercing was done my I.B.S pain went! Whether it will stay away is another thing. Today the piercing pain just feels like the feeling I get when I have over cleaned my Rook.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-21-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    My piercer knows a lot about Acupuncture but, said to me that she wasn't sure if this would actually work or not as my piercer still calls it an Outer Conch lol..
    That's cos it is

Hope it heals up lovely for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    That's cos it is

Hope it heals up lovely for you.
    Thank you Boo lol.. The piercing is starting to feel much better now. Please to anyone who reads this - It doesn't work for I.B.S stomach pain. - I "was" pain free for 11 days and now it is back and twice as ugly. I am now trying Peppermint Oil capsules. It is the only other thing I haven't tried!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-01-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast