Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a shen men piercing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    My piercer knows a lot about Acupuncture but, said to me that she wasn't sure if this would actually work or not as my piercer still calls it an Outer Conch lol..
    That's cos it is

Hope it heals up lovely for you.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    That's cos it is

Hope it heals up lovely for you.
    Thank you Boo lol.. The piercing is starting to feel much better now. Please to anyone who reads this - It doesn't work for I.B.S stomach pain. - I "was" pain free for 11 days and now it is back and twice as ugly. I am now trying Peppermint Oil capsules. It is the only other thing I haven't tried!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-01-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Congrats mazzy! Ive not found alot on the piercing but did come across the flat piercing aswell so now im getting tempted with that one too i think its a similar place to the shen men piercing. Looks abit painful though as its quite thick cartilage but looks nice. I need something to balance my ear. I have 2 lobe a tragus and daith in the ear so need something up top but wasnt too keen on a normal helix. Oooh decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Loobyloo30 View Post
    Congrats mazzy! Ive not found alot on the piercing but did come across the flat piercing aswell so now im getting tempted with that one too i think its a similar place to the shen men piercing. Looks abit painful though as its quite thick cartilage but looks nice. I need something to balance my ear. I have 2 lobe a tragus and daith in the ear so need something up top but wasnt too keen on a normal helix. Oooh decisions
    Thank you Loobyloo30. It was quite a search online to find anything about the Shen Men piercing. It is on YouTube showing the piercing being done too. - And they say afterwards "Oh, I didn't feel a thing" lol... I can vouch that it does hurt. It is much better now the bigger bar is in. I am really sure that this piercing hurt more than the ones I have had on "the flat". I was glad it was only the one piercing to it lol... I now what you mean about the "Oooh decisions" - I am the same!

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Im gald your piercing is feeling better with the new bar
    The flat sounds very tempting! I like this as theres so much you can do with the flat. At first i actually thought the shen men was just another bame for flat as some people are referring to the flat as shen men so i got confused my piercing studio have started to pierce with neometal now too so much more choice of bars

Quote Originally Posted by Loobyloo30 View Post
    Im gald your piercing is feeling better with the new bar
    The flat sounds very tempting! I like this as theres so much you can do with the flat. At first i actually thought the shen men was just another bame for flat as some people are referring to the flat as shen men so i got confused my piercing studio have started to pierce with neometal now too so much more choice of bars
    Thank you for being glad my piercing is feeling better with the new bar. I keep forgetting it is there lol... The Shen Men in a main pressure point that is in the dip part of where the top of a Rook piercing is. (According to the internet). The flat is where my Paw Print piercing is and anywhere along there. I think you could do a few things with the flat and luckily my right one was big. You are lucky your piercing studio is piercing with neomental. It really has changed so much. When I had my first eyebrow piercing many years ago you only had two choices - Titanium bar or hoop and that was it. Hope you find the piercing you are after soon. I will have to post a photo of my Shen Men piercing soon.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 07-12-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12