Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooohooo Standard Tounge

Default Wooohooo Standard Tounge

So I had been pondering another peircing a while, so I popped into my piercer to see about getting venom (two off center tounge).

After marking, clamping pulling and looking the peircer sat in his chair by his station and sighed. Evedently I currently have two veins smack dab in the way of any safe placement.

I mentioned to him a single central would be fine, I could always come back later and see if things moved. He agreed, but as I already paid he asked if I had any other plans.

Flat told him I couldent do a cartilage today without passing out, we had a good laugh then I meantened I had wanted lobes. After placing all the dots, having a few of his coworkers and even a customer have a look at the placement he went to work!

So yay! He also said if I bring any titanium jewelry in he would sanitize and peirce with it, as I told him what hell I had had with my helix untill I switched.

So all in all a good day!

ibb.co/zHtj8mp
    ibb.co/fphb8VC
    ibb.co/xHyCm2P
    ibb.co/wyBY8Yc
    Last edited by Boo; 06-09-2019 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Removed direct links
    Right Ear : Triple helix (2/28/19) First lobe (1993) Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Left Ear : First lobe (1993) and Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Face : Septum (3/25/19) and standard tongue (6/8/19)
    Body : Horizontal nipples (3/16/19)

Planned : Left triple helix, VCH, Possible paw print, Possible venom

Make sure it doesn't hit your teeth over time, it's very close to the tip of your tongue. Hope it heals up well for you. Odd that he would accept jewellery from a customer to pierce with, wonder what his insurance thinks of that! No piercer in this country can do that, it's against regulations and invalidates insurance.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I noticed it was angled oddly, once the swelling is down I THINK it will be okay. May have to order some ptfe ends to be safe! But do you think the bottom is angled to far forward? It IS touching gums right now at rest, but it may very well be the long bar is forced to rest at a greater angle. He did comment I had a small mouth and with swelling I would HAVE to heal venom with a curved bar, the proper bar length would leave me unable to shut my mouth unless pierced at a crazy angle!

Well I don't know about insurance. Us regs are terrible conpaired to this or I wouldn't HAVE to bring my own. The issue is no one will ask for titanium, and no one wants to pay more when "steel is okay". The older dude ( I think he used to pierce and has experience but he tattoos and theres more work for him doing that) even said point blank if I am bringing my own implant grade jewelry I really am doing myself a favor!

On another not I think he would do it for ME and not just anyone. I tip rather well, am friendly and take good care of my peircings. You dont SEE that combo in the US anymore.

Edit : Woke up. Some swelling day two but not much. Is the bar really too long? Its really not very painful at all so maybe its just me? My second lobes are a tad bit sore but really mostly unnoticeable!
    Last edited by Dragooness; 06-09-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Wow that's really worrying, it's a shame you don't have a competent APP piercer anywhere near you :(

Be aware that even PTFE is harder than your gums so any erosion will still happen. I can't comment on the angle as that may have been done for anatomical reasons which I don't have full knowledge of nor can I see/feel your tongue to be able to work out why it was done that way.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It is worrying to me but it could be the bar length and swelling changing the angle? I can't lift my tounge today. Very little swelling. I think this bar is too long.

ibb.co/8b9jczw

I wish I had a APP piercer near me. Its not the money, if I have to I save up for things. Its the travel.

But the only reason its affecting my talking much is the bar length. I swear its like 22mm
    Last edited by Boo; 06-09-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Removed direct link!

The worrying part is what the piercer has said more than what they've done tbh.

22mm is typical as most people have a lot of swelling but not all.

When did they suggest coming back for a downsize?

He told me anywhere between a week and three depending on how I heal.

Please, tell me what he has said wrong? Ill take no offence, if you are concerned then I probaly should be too. I read the awful peircing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooness View Post
    He told me anywhere between a week and three depending on how I heal.

Please, tell me what he has said wrong? Ill take no offence, if you are concerned then I probaly should be too. I read the awful peircing thread!
    "...having a few of his coworkers and even a customer have a look at the placement..." - A good piercer shouldn't need to do this and a customer??!! WTH? Or did you mean for the lobes? But still dragging a client in is weird and unprofessional
    "...with swelling I would HAVE to heal venom with a curved bar.." - this is insane, no tongue piercing should have a curved bar
    "...
    I am bringing my own implant grade jewelry I really am doing myself a favor..." - a reputable piercer would have high quality jewellery in already or order it in
    "...
    I think he would do it for ME and not just anyone..." - whilst I understand this, if he really valued you as a customer he'd go the extra mile and order in appropriate jewellery for you

Downsizing should be done in no longer than one week otherwise you're going to be smashing your teeth to pieces. 3 weeks is crazy. I'd say if you don't experience any major swelling go back in 5 days. Sometimes you can have 2-4 downsizes.

That was on the lobes actually, I should have specified.I was concerned as mine where gunned as a baby. Strangely they are EVEN. Shouldent be! But the cutomer was one I had chatted with a bit. Just lady talk.

Think I could do the downsize myself? I have sevral bar legths in titanium I ordered a while back.. Already proven I can get the bar in myself, I lost the top ball yesterday while eating smushed beans. Bar slid out before I noticed. It wasent hard to reinsert myself. Had more issues when I did my helix. Never changing those again myself!

And thank you so much Boo. I apprciate your help. Sure you dont hear that enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast