Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wooohooo Standard Tounge

I don't recommend it as your tongue won't be healed and you should be downsized with sterile equipment in a sterile environment.

You're very welcome
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah crap. I hate to go back to him if he's an idiot but I understand the lack of sterile environment.

I need a new piercer maybe.

On the other hand my eating isnt affected much, I just have to learn HOW to eat. Its.. Different.. And fun.
    Right Ear : Triple helix (2/28/19) First lobe (1993) Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Left Ear : First lobe (1993) and Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Face : Septum (3/25/19) and standard tongue (6/8/19)
    Body : Horizontal nipples (3/16/19)

Planned : Left triple helix, VCH, Possible paw print, Possible venom

An update went in for a downsize. Swelling has receded very quickly, a 16 mm titanium bar was what was used. The peircer was shocked how little swelling I had. Questions though

The 16 mm has a few mm wiggle room. Next step would be shorter bars? There is about 2mm of extra space now, think I should order the next two sizes?

More worrying its almost peirced as a faux surface, the bottom comes out under the tip of my tongue the top is further back. There is a CHANCE when the swelling is gone it will rest lower than my gumline. If not I assume I will have to retire it?

If it is under my gumline it will still touch my teeth when I talk. Is there any ptfe flat end or any way to combat this? I don't really want to retire this so soon.

Is it possible to encourage the bottom hole to settle backwards over time possibly? was pondering if an O ring could do that!

You're never going to be able to change the angle of it. As for further downsizes these should only be done by a professional in a sterile environment with the correct sizes for your anatomy, no one here will know what that is.

Again, without seeing you in person from several angles it's impossible to advise you.

You may want to join a group such as Ask a Professional Piercer on FB and post several clear photos from various angles to see what they say if you really cannot access a decent professional.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Agreed with Boo - you're not going to be able to change the angle.

Assuming the shorter bar isn't causing you any problems I'd not think about downsizing until it is FULLY healed, but 2mm isn't too much slack although that might change as it heals.

Too short and the bar can cause indentations in your tongue which is compounded as your tongue is different thicknesses when you stick it out vs when it is in.
    I change my bar every few months - right now it feels too long so I'll probably put a shorter bar in then change it back in a few months.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

The angle change was just a thought, I know some piercings move over time soo... it was an idea, not a good one

No the next downsize would be a while. It takes a bit for an order to get in, I would rather have things early than late. The pierced did do the downsize for me.

Can you get labrets in PTFE? I could get self threading balls.... That may be the only way to keep this piercing, its flat and not metallic. I can size them as needed, as self threading balls are a thing AND I can still wear any fancy end I wanted!

PTFE in oral piercings are pretty nasty imo, they get scratched up and harbour bacteria easily so you 'd have to be replacing them quickly. I don't know if you can get labrets. Also be aware that even PTFE is harder than your gums and dentine so erosion/damage can still occur.

So back to titanium. Sigh. Ill see if I can order some labrets in correct sizes, it'll take at least a month to get them in. Ive been playing with it, and I THINK its only clicking because it sticks out so far, so a labret may fix it... and if not ill retire it and have all kinds of lovely spare bits for my next piercings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12