Thread: Belly Piercing granulation tissue

Default Belly Piercing granulation tissue

Hello!

ive had my belly button piercing for 3 months now and ive noticed alot of fleshy tissue pouring out the top hole. My piercer said it looks like some granulation tissue and that I should just clean it out in the shower and not use my saline spray anymore and keep it super dry. Im worried that by not using my spray itll gwt infected as I often go to the gym and sweat. I also read online that granulation doesnt go away unless a doctor removes it which worries me as well. I have a top quality titanium jewellary in and my piercer recently changed it to a slightly longer bar. Any advice on how to get rid of this granulation or should i truly just LITHA and itll go away?
    Thanks!
    Courtney

Your piercer gave you the correct advice. Rinse in the shower, pat dry, leave it alone. Granulation needs to dry out, sprays and soaks will delay that.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<