Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Being an artist’s model

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Being an artist’s model

I have been invited to be a model in a life drawing class, so in front of some artists for 2 hours with various poses. The person asking me doesn’t know about my piercings.

So I have decided to model for the group. When I say life drawing, this is completely nude! My navel and PA piercings will be visible, I think I’ll leave them in. Do you think this is okay?

As far as I know, the artists are all adults of varying ages.

Really looking forward to your your views on this.
    Last edited by mat; 06-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Piercings: navel, septum, tongue web, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples

I think you should tell the artist in advance and take it from there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ooh Mat! What great experience for you. I would, like Boo says, talk it over with the artist first but remember that these piercings are part of you, who you are, what you love, and an art form in their own right. You love your navel piercing and now you are loving the PA all over again so I wouldn't want to be removing them if it were me.
    I've sketched in life classes before and the human anatomy is so difficult to interpret and express from what you see to what you draw. It would be fascinating to see the pieces after you've just spent a couple of hours modelling. Let us know how you get on if you do it.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thanks Boo and TikiMan, appreciate your views. I will follow your advice try and see or call the person concerned before my debut.

In a funny kind of way, I am really looking forward to it, just to get the first session over with, at least it is summer and quite warm! I am a little apprehensive about keeping still for them as there are apparently a mixture of short standing poses (I guess a few minutes) to longer ones which are either lying or sitting down.

And thanks TikiMan for saying you have been in such a class. I can see it would be quite difficult and yet it can be stunningly beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    I've sketched in life classes before
    Do you still do life drawing, or other art TikiMan?

Quote Originally Posted by mat View Post
    Do you still do life drawing, or other art TikiMan?
    Sadly Mat I do not. I hope to again some day.
    I do like collaborating with my tattoo artists and often sketch basic forms and concepts for my tatts but I enjoy allowing them the freedom to express their art. It is a fascinating process.
    Have you ever given life or any other art form a go?
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

TikiMan, yes I have done a little life drawing some time ago, so at least I know what kind of thing to expect. I’m still wanting to keep my piercings in, although I don’t want to upset, offend or embarrass anyone. Will just have to see how things go....

I agree with others - just double check it with the organiser.

Personally, while I've not got an artistic bone in my body, if I were doing life drawing, piercings would be different and interesting and a definite plus.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    !..... if I were doing life drawing, piercings would be different and interesting and a definite plus.
    Hey yv Im reading and learning about life drawing and how it goes. From what I gather life drawings tend to focus on the whole body, how the anatomy fits together and so on. They seem less interested in details such as faces, fingers etc and so I doubt piercings would be picked out. But you never know, and I dont know how far or close I will be to the artists or what they will pick up on.

Watch this space!

Well the latest is that I have checked with the organisers, having said I didn’t want to offend or upset any of the artists.

I am told there isn’t a problem with piercings and so I’m going to keep them in. As TikiMan said, they are part of me.

In a strange kind of way, I’m quite looking forward to modelling for the life drawing class, although the thought of standing, sitting, lying down completely naked in front of a group of people will probably have me being very nervous beforehand. What if I know someone there? How close will they be? How “detailed” will they be? I hope I can see their work as there is a break half way through.

I’ve not done anything like this before and was quite pleased when I was asked. The thought of posing completely nude is difficult to describe but it feels a liberating or empowering thing to do. I seem to lead a very conventional life, so this is a new step for me.

Ill let you know how it goes!
    Last edited by mat; 06-05-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast