Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Being an artist’s model

I have a couple more bookings at different places coming up. I anticipate an interesting time in terms of the art being produced as well as my journey as an unexpected nude model. I really am the most unlikely person to be doing this!

I am wondering whether to start a blog about my experiences. My question is whether this would have any interest to people out there?
    Piercings: navel, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples, septum, tongue web

Quote Originally Posted by mat View Post
    I am wondering whether to start a blog about my experiences. My question is whether this would have any interest to people out there?
    Don't see why you shouldn't Mat. Mrs T and I would have a read.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Don't see why you shouldn't Mat. Mrs T and I would have a read.
    I would like a read as well.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Thanks for giving the thumbs up on a blog. I’m away from home right now and I think I might do this when I’m back, it will take me a while to remember how to set a website up. I will post a link some how or other.

At the very least it will be a record for me. This has been quite an unexpected few weeks of liberation and empowerment. I think there are quite a few characters in the art world and I find it fascinating as well as the challenge of standing there nude in front of groups of artists, trying to keep still for up to 45 minutes. If others find my observations interesting or amusing, that will be a bonus.

I am still thinking about a blog and whether to use it either for promoting myself as a model, or perhaps a wry look at my modelling experiences (and better make that anonymous). So I hope you won’t mind if I use this space as a place to jot down a few points from my latest nude exploits!

Worth mentioning, since this forum is about body piercings, I was quite conscious of two artists looking closely at my piercings as soon as I took my robe off. I had checked with the organiser beforehand, saying I had a couple of body piercings, and he said it was no problem. Perhaps the artists had never seen or even heard of a Prince Albert piercing? Although the gauge is 5mm, it is a snug fit and fairly discreet. My navel ring is chunky but small. When I saw some of the drawings at the tea break, I even saw one drawing had picked out my navel ring but everyone else was just capturing the human form and anatomy.

I had never been to this arts centre before and had only spoken by phone to the organiser. He is a very good artist himself and takes a lot of trouble to make sure the artists have all the right types of paper and know what to expect. Some were using easels and some had drawing boards propped up on a chair in front of them. There were about 8-10 artists there, mostly women and in a semi circle around me.

A posing bench had had been set up for me. This was like a bed for a small child and a strong spotlight was overhead. My first pose was about 10 minutes sitting down while the late comers came in. After that I did a series of 2 minute poses, with more movement and less statue like. This gives a chance for the artists to pick out tendons, muscles and produce quicker more dynamic sketches. After that I had to do some 10 minute poses where I put my weight on one foot more than the other and did different things with my arms. Gradually the poses got longer and sitting or lying down. Leaning on my arms for 20 minutes was very hard!

When I first took my robe off for the standing poses, I remember feeling so elated and kept telling myself “I can do this, I really can!”. Again I was very empowered if that makes sense. In some of the longer poses I remember needing to move my hands or feet just a little to stay comfortable and I think I did this without anyone noticing.

At the end the organiser said I was new to modelling and thanked me in front of the group. They then gave me a round of applause which took me by surprise! It was good being appreciated, the organiser looked after me really well and was very considerate to me, almost protective towards me.

I’m looking forward to my next assignment coming up but this is in a different kind of place - the back room of a wine bar - seems maybe a shady kind of place to spend 2 hours nude in front of a bunch of strangers.

Thanks for allowing me this space to record these thoughts here while I decide what to do about a website. I hope it’s interesting for some to read.
    Last edited by mat; 07-11-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake

I loved reading this Mat!

I wish I had the confidence to do it. I'd love the feeling of liberation. I think it would be so good for self development and confidence too. I wasn't worried about getting my vch done and I also get waxed, but the people involved I've known for years. Showing my bits to strangers for 10 minutes or whatever though? That's courageous!

My piercings wouldn't make me self conscious - I absolutely love my nipple rings and belly bar and will show them off to anyone. Well almost anyone lol.

I would find it really difficult to be completely naked. A little thong, absolutely fine, but naked, that would be difficult.

You're making me think though. I'm intrigued!
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Very pleased you’re finding this interesting Miss Fi, nice to know it’s not just me jotting down notes for myself!

Yep there’s no doubt being a life model is an incredible experience and a confidence booster, plus you get paid. The going rate is 15/hr.

Last night I bumped into one of the artists from my first modelling experience and he said I looked incredibly nervous, and went onto say he could understand why! I was amazed after the first time that I’d pulled it off and I’ll never forget that incredible feeling as I drove home that evening.

My understanding is life models are always completely nude. Having said that, talk to a tutor and mention a thong, perhaps they maybe agreeable especially while you’re new.

I'm really enjoying reading your experiences Mat!

I will talk to people, I've started this week. Finding out what is the expectation and etiquette is really useful.

Not sure about wearing a thong. Feels like I'd be wimping out. Don't know if the expectation is that you will always be completely undressed. Feel like I should be.
    Piercings:

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fi View Post
    I will talk to people, I've started this week.
    Interested to know what you’ve discovered this week Miss Fi and your view of life modelling now - has it changed at all?

Anyone else on here with experience of being a nude model?
    Last edited by mat; 07-13-2019 at 11:14 AM.

I think I need to go to a drawing class as I've no experience to go on at all about how it works.

It would be good to get to speak to a model whilst I'm there too, but don't know if that's possible?
    Piercings:

Tattoos:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast