Thread: Is it normal for nipple piercing barbells to leave dents under the balls?

Default Is it normal for nipple piercing barbells to leave dents under the balls?

Iíve had mine done for 4 months now , I have the same titanium barbells I was pierced with. Both seem to be doing great with no irritation or soreness , just crusties that I rinse once a day. My right nipple has a bit of bar space when relaxed. My left nipple however, is slightly bigger than the right and doesnít actually have visible bar space when relaxed but when ďerectĒ there is bar space on both sides. This doesnít really seem to be causing much irritation, well I think anyway. However Iíve noticed under the balls , especially when they get hard, there are dents from the balls from either side in the areola of the nipple. I would think this is because the bar is too short but, I also have dents from the balls from my right nipple too.
    So is this normal for nipple piercings?
    Thanks

Good to hear the healing is going well.
    I would think that if they are not sore or discoloured then the indentation is probably ok if shallow. Only a visual assessment by your piercer could confirm this and advise whether a longer bar or if another jewellery style is more suitable for your anatomy. Something like a D ring, nipple clicker or BCR/segment ring. There are many options to explore and you may be healed enough for your piercer to swap it out now. If you do consider this then make sure you still use high quality, biocompatible jewellery.
    Few thoughts for you. Hopefully some of the ladies here will be able to advise better.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thanks so much for your reply Iím not in Ireland at the moment so canít see my piercer, but will keep an eye on them for now and if they get irritated I might find a decent piercer here. Iím in Thailand so very hot and Iím not used to seeing my nipple piercings relaxed because Iím usually freezing haha so thatís why iíve noticed I donít have much bar space in one of them. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Good to hear the healing is going well.
    I would think that if they are not sore or discoloured then the indentation is probably ok if shallow. Only a visual assessment by your piercer could confirm this and advise whether a longer bar or if another jewellery style is more suitable for your anatomy. Something like a D ring, nipple clicker or BCR/segment ring. There are many options to explore and you may be healed enough for your piercer to swap it out now. If you do consider this then make sure you still use high quality, biocompatible jewellery.
    Few thoughts for you. Hopefully some of the ladies here will be able to advise better.

Different kind of heat there lol....
    Enjoy your travels!
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR