Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transgendered

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    Brilliant! Make them the outsiders. - Boo for PM!
    Gets my vote too!
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by TikiMan View Post
    Gets my vote too!
    +1
    Right Ear : Triple helix (2/28/19) First lobe (1993) Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Left Ear : First lobe (1993) and Second lobe (6/8/19)
    Face : Septum (3/25/19) and standard tongue (6/8/19)
    Body : Horizontal nipples (3/16/19)

Planned : Left triple helix, VCH, Possible paw print, Possible venom

Quote Originally Posted by Dragooness View Post
    +1
    Another vote here
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by -yv- View Post
    I spent years self-loathing and wondering why but now just accept this part of me.
    This is what has upset me most on here! I am glad that you accept it "as part of you" now-a-days -yv-. I am glad to read that you are not having any operations to become more feminine too. - I once joked with my old G.P that I would like a sex change so if I was a man I would not have as many health problems etc.... And he said those sort of operation's were "horrendous".

I think a lot of the changing rooms at swimming pools around here were becoming mixed. And in the past Mum and I have used the men's toilet's on quite a few occasion's when we have ever been on day trips as the women's ques were too long. We asked the men first and they kept an eye out to warn others women were in there etc.... I don't go on day trips anymore.

I use the disabled toilet's now and anyone can go in them. I would like to know what colours out of interest they would use for a gender neutral toilet.

As for TERF's - take no notice of them. It is the same for disabled people in a way as all I hear about is - "A think tank thinks disabled people should.....". - Leave people alone!
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-01-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

I think this is a very difficult subject and I’m not sure I have an answer. You are being wise in asking for other people’s points of view.

Whatever your approach, I think a sensitive, sensible approach is best. I imagine this will vary from one situation to another, you just have to weigh it up each time you need to use a toilet or changing room. As Mazzy says above, changing rooms are becoming more mixed nowadays and I think if the design is thoughtful, this is the way to go.

I can admire you for the way you express thoughts here about those years of wondering “why”.

Sorry this isn’t a very helpful answer!
    Piercings: navel, septum, tongue web, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples

Haha not sure I'd make a good leader to be honest but thank you for the votes LOL!

I remember when I joined a gym quite a few years ago. Me and my son joined but alas, no family changing rooms. So I was stuck with a young boy with anxiety and autism who was too old to come into the womens changing room and too young/nervous to go into the men's for the first time on his own. Plus he'd never been in such a situation, didn't know how lockers worked or what area to use, where the pool was after etc.

We had to come home and come back with my husband so he could go in with him. I asked a member of staff what they recommend in that situation and they just shrugged their shoulders and said they could have gone in with him but I still would have been a little wary of them being able to make sure he understood everything.

So it doesn't just cause issues in terms of gender alone but also with disabilities and those who need a carer with them.

Simply put, this crap needs to stop. Have restrooms/toilet/changing areas for people as the norm and then have small/separate/single areas for those who don't want to use the standard ones, I'm sure they'll be fine with the queues.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Haha not sure I'd make a good leader to be honest but thank you for the votes LOL!
    Still gets my vote! lol

I remember when I joined a gym quite a few years ago. Me and my son joined but alas, no family changing rooms. So I was stuck with a young boy with anxiety and autism who was too old to come into the womens changing room and too young/nervous to go into the men's for the first time on his own. Plus he'd never been in such a situation, didn't know how lockers worked or what area to use, where the pool was after etc.

We had to come home and come back with my husband so he could go in with him. I asked a member of staff what they recommend in that situation and they just shrugged their shoulders and said they could have gone in with him but I still would have been a little wary of them being able to make sure he understood everything.

So it doesn't just cause issues in terms of gender alone but also with disabilities and those who need a carer with them.

Simply put, this crap needs to stop. Have restrooms/toilet/changing areas for people as the norm and then have small/separate/single areas for those who don't want to use the standard ones, I'm sure they'll be fine with the queues.
    Really valid points there Boo. As we evolve, society change and acceptance lags. We are strange because unlike other animals, we never live in the now and generally it is hard for us to adapt....
    Sorry!!! Getting a bit deep there lol
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    This is what has upset me most on here! I am glad that you accept it "as part of you" now-a-days -yv-. I am glad to read that you are not having any operations to become more feminine too.
    Thanks Mazzy. When I was young, you never heard of or saw trans people, the only thing was awful parodies such as Dame Edna. There was no internet so my contemporaries and I felt very alone. I used to keep a scrap book of anything I found in newspapers etc - I just liked collecting all information I could (and I did the same for piercings!)
    It is much better today - positive role models on TV (no pun intended!) and masses of information on the internet. We're well accepted by the mainstream and I like to think I played a part in that.

I use the disabled toilet's now and anyone can go in them.
    I know a few trans people who just use the disabled toilet but I think - they are for disabled people! It's like using a disabled parking spot - not fair for those who need it.

As for TERF's - take no notice of them.
    Agreed, but sadly people like to hate - I think it is human nature and I do worry that the haters will believe the rubbish the TERFs are saying. All I can do is try to promote a positive image and hope the general public will turn against them rather than side with them against us.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Haha not sure I'd make a good leader to be honest but thank you for the votes LOL! .
    As Admin, you are our leader!

All hail the great leader!
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|1.6mm and 5mm tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 3x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (74 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

No problem at all -yv-. Yes, me too - I never heard of "trans people" until I was a teenager/early 20's perhaps - a Consultant was on the News here who left work as a man and came back as a woman! My mum and I didn't know this was actually possible. The Consultant said that she was touched by how her patients were towards her with support etc... They must have been a nice Doctor! I don't think many people like Dame Edna anyway to be honest. Everything has completely changed now-a-days and I would like to think people are not all that fussed about things.

I think if some trans people use the disabled toilet's I do not blame them to be honest! Perhaps they would rather be left alone than anyone start anything off. I don't care who uses the loo as long as they leave it clean lol...

Yes, sadly I would take no notice of TERF's. I think they need to grow up! I know easier said that done. Quite a lot of people have hate for others. I am "classed" as disabled as my balance has "had it". (I have to go out in a walking frame/walking sticks etc..). Luckily, only once someone took the *iss out of me. But, I strongly believe in karma! What goes around comes around etc.. People will see in time that there is nothing wrong with other people and that TERF's have a problem themselves. Even "modified" people like us will most probably find people who don't like us much either lol...
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-06-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast