Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is this on my piercing?

Post what is this on my piercing?

i have a tragus piercing, and behind it there is a raised bump that is the same colour as my skin but a bit pinkish. it doesnt hurt at all or anything, it's kinda just there. but it covers a bit less than half of the bar. (also im not sure how to attach an image) thanks so much in advance

Thats the photo. the bump on the front im currently treating with tea tree oil for the past 3 days, and has seemed to be helping a lot. but the bump on back is just bothering me. there seems to be some sort of pus like (not pus) thing on the flat back as you can see. thanks.
    IMG-8534.jpg
    Last edited by FiL; 05-24-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Hi and welcome! I have had these bumps on quite a few of my cartilage piercings. They can be cased by irritation/over cleaning etc... I would be very wary of using tea-tree oil though. I have learnt the best thing for them is to leave them well alone. They do go in the end.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-24-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I think you "may" need a slightly longer post in there judging by your photograph. Can you see any of the post at all? You may benefit by doing Sea Salt Soaks but, they don't help me at all. Shower rinses are the best.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-24-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

That looks really irritated. What sort of jewellery do you have it there?
    Caro

Hey thanks everyone, this is for people to reply to: (i numbered so it's easier to read
    1. first 2 weeks i cleaned it with my piercings shop stage 1 spray, then the next 2 weeks i did there stage 2. during week 2 if i remember, i think that’s when the bumps appeared. then i did sea salt soaks. I did sea salt soaks for about a week, twice a day, an it only irritated the bumps more (more the front one though, it would be really red).
    2. I tried aspirin paste and it just irritated the bumps since the paste hardens & also did hot chamomile tea bag compress and helped a bit (for the front bump)
    3. Today the front bump never looks like that since I started using tea tree oil (i heard tea tree oil helps dry out the bump and turns it into just dry skin or something) it's just today I knocked it a bit from trying to clean the back. But the tea tree oil made the front bump really smaller and not red like it use to be but I havent put tea tree oil on the back bump yet though.The tea tree oil made the bump almost gone!! :O (pictures attached)
    4. I am thinking of just leaving it alone (no more sea salt soaks etc, just rinse in the shower), as I have been doing so for the last 5 days.
    5. I also don't know what type of jewellery it is, I was never told for some reason. I got it done from a very reputable place where I live, one out of the 2 best places to go in my state.
    6. I have also only had the piercing for 8 weeks if that makes a difference. have never slept on it, worn no headphones, literally done everything to the tea.

7. ibb.co/BqLLK8G (best it has looked (was yesterday), the bubble shrinked, wasn't red and turned into almost a scab sort of thing that would fall off or something.. I think if i keep on doing tea tree oil it would disappear?
    ibb.co/34DD93q (is when it is really red, irritated, like a bubble. and this usually happens when it is irritated. This was before I would use tea tree oil on it.
    Last edited by jasonk1102; 05-24-2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Removed links

It's a very common bump often caused by irritation but they can just happen anyway.

Contact your piercer, ask what metal the jewellery is.

Stop putting things on it.

Leave it alone.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Boo, does it seem like my body doesn’t like whatever jewrelly is in it? or the bumps are normal and will go away since the piercing is still healing as it’s only 8 weeks old.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonk1102 View Post
    Boo, does it seem like my body doesn’t like whatever jewrelly is in it? or the bumps are normal and will go away since the piercing is still healing as it’s only 8 weeks old.
    Impossible to tell but knowing what material it's made out of is a start.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got a reply and they said they pierced my tragus with a 16g, and they had a look at their files and they said I either got pierced with surgical steel. But there not sure if I had paid extra for better quality jewellery, but if i did it'll either be black steel, titian or Bioplast. the bump on the back doesnt hurt or anything but i just want it gone, but im hoping that it'll just go away. since the photo i posted of it, more then half of the rod i can see now cos the bump has shrunk a bit. I have only had the piercing for 61 days so maybe since its still fairly new thats why the bump is there? The front bump is almost gone and i can barely see it which is good. Thanks so much!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast