Thread: Nose hoop embedded... Help!

Question Nose hoop embedded... Help!

Hello all, I'm new here & mostly just joined because I'm not 100% sure what to do in this scenario. I've had my nostril pierced for over 2 years but switched to a nose hoop more recently. It's been a while but I wanted to change the jewelry so I went to take it out only to find that it's embedded into both sides of my nostril. I had the kind of hoop that you twist to open/close and I think it twisted at some point so both sides of the hoop are embedded into the outside & inside of my nostril. I've seen people saying to go to your piercer/doctor if you start to notice your piercing embedding but I haven't been able to find anything about a hoop embedding from both sides. It's definitely already embedded, I'm mostly just wondering if it will even be possible to get out/what a doctor would do. Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hello and Welcome to the Forum Rayman. I am not a total expert and I am really hoping someone would be along soon to be able to advise you much better. Sorry, to hear of your problem and I would have suggested to go and see a piercer myself. I try to avoid going to see a Doctor as often I personally feel they don't know enough about piercings and their removal.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-21-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

I'm struggling to visualise this. Do you mean it's come undone and the open part of the ring is trapped inside the fistula?
    Caro

Impossible to advise without a visual/in-person assessment. See a professional piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Rayman & Welcome!
    Sorry to hear your hoop is embedded. I find it a little hard to understand from your description quite how this has happened. Personally I would go to an excellent piercer who is preferably APP registered and ask if they can remove it and try to save the piercing fistula. If they can save it then have them fit it with some quality titanium jewellery.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos: