Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin healed over piercings

Default Skin healed over piercings

I've had my high nostrils for a little over a month and i just noticed that the skin has healed over the flat discs on the inner part of my upper nostrils. I've seen a video or two where this happens with ear piercings but what should i do? I dont have still have to work and dont have time off yet.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Double Lower and Upper Nostril, Septum, Vertical labret and Philtrum
    Want: 4th Lobe, 2nd Foreward Helix, Tragus and Anti-Tragus
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Sounds like they may be embedding, you'll have to see your piercer asap.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

By what i could see they are both embedded and possibly completely covered. Plus I don't have a day off until Thursday. This totally sucks.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

Sorry to hear about this Brit,
    Hopefully you've caught it nice and early. So long as your piercings aren't inflamed swollen then I'm sure Thursday will be fine although I'm sure you'd rather have a full day off since you've been working so hard of late. Let us know how you get on and what your piercer say/advises.
    Good luck
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

The left one has been a little tender but thats all. No other issues that obe noticed. But from what I can tell they are both completely embedded. I'll call my piercer when I get off and when the open of im still awake. But it has to bee done. I hope they can be salvageable but if not it sucks but nothing i can do.

I hope you can get it sorted. They can swell badly. If yoiu have to have them redone hopefully your piercer will redo free of charge seeing as they put bars/labrets in that were too short?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm going later tonight and have them removed. Wasn't sure if i was going to be abke to go tonight. But we are still talking 5 hours. I just dont know how long they have been embedded since I dont ever look in my nose since I've had zero issues with them. But I think the left is worse then the right.

Fingers crossed for you Brit.
    Hopefully they'll save them for you and be able to fit some more accommodating jewellery.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Well both sides were embedded completely. He said their was the option od goong to a doctor and they could numb me up and takenthem out or he could just pull then out. Went the cheaper option and just had then pulled out. It wasnt the most comfortable having them pulled out but it's done. He said the person who did them would probably redo them. That i should wait at least a month and that tjeybwould have to use longer posts. But they are out and we will see what happens during healing.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope the piercer who did them has learned a lesson :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast