Thread: New nose piercing and upcoming colonoscopy

Default New nose piercing and upcoming colonoscopy

Just got my first nose piercing on May 2nd. Healing is going very well. Due to some health issues I need to have a colonoscopy done on May 20th. Standard instructions are always to remove piercings. My lobe piercings aren't an issue but I don't want to take out the nose piercing as I know it'll close up. I am assuming that during the procedue they will want to give me oxygen via my nose.

Any suggestions? I would think that the nasal cannula could be placed carefully but sometimes medical personnel can be jerks about stuff.

You'll have to ask them directly, they will all have different rules.

I've known people asked to remove, I didn't have to remove mine, they did ask what kind of jewellery was in there though and said it was ok to leave in. I have threadless micro labrets so they did not interfere with the nasal cannula at all.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    You'll have to ask them directly, they will all have different rules.

I've known people asked to remove, I didn't have to remove mine, they did ask what kind of jewellery was in there though and said it was ok to leave in. I have threadless micro labrets so they did not interfere with the nasal cannula at all.
    I've got a nose screw in there now. I think it would be too soon to get it replaced with a labret though?

As I said, it's going to depend on the staff on the day really or the dept. You could get it changed by a piercer in a sterile environment only to be asked to remove it on the day. You're going to have to ask them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well since it's new and I've never removed it I would have no idea how to get it out anyway. I also have a captive bead tragus piercing that I can't get out. Hopefully they won't be jerks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by keharty View Post
    Well since it's new and I've never removed it I would have no idea how to get it out anyway. I also have a captive bead tragus piercing that I can't get out. Hopefully they won't be jerks about it.
    I don't see how the tragus would be a problem but they'd probably appreciate you letting them know about the nostril piercing in advance out of courtesy so a solution can be reached if required.

Hope all goes well. I think you best do what Boo has mentioned and ring the department themselves for advice. I have had a Colonoscopy I don't think I was "as" pierced back then. I cannot remember them asking me to take anything out. I am sure they could work around it as the only time I have even needed oxygen they have put a proper mask on me.

The only thing I can remember is that my new-ish Helix piercing at the time had a lovely bump on it when I left the Hospital as I had to lie on my side.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 05-19-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!