Thread: Apadravya: recommendations and advice

Default Apadravya: recommendations and advice

Hi all

I've been thinking about getting an apadravya piercing for some time and think I'll go for it soon. Just a couple of questions:

1. Recommendations on good piercers? I've had a browse through the forum, read and noted some positive experiences. I live in Luton so wondered if there's anyone good in that area? (just in case I have any issues and can return for advice). Otherwise I guess I'm looking at London.

2. Following the question above, will I be able to drive after an apadravya piercing?

3. Should I go for a Prince Albert piercing first? And then convert it to an apadravya? Does this make placement easier?

I guessing an experienced piercer will answer all of the above, but just fishing for a bit of information before I start contacting people.

Cheers!

1. Have you looked on the UKAPP website?
    2. Yes.
    3. Not sure and it's likely to be anatomy dependent. Speak to your piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Red Nettle,
    1. There are a few places in London that I would consider.... Raph at Extreme Needle for Central London, Joe Espin at Cult Classic is UKAPP in Romford and The London Piercing Clinic in Croydon are all worth having a chat with. To stay more local it may be worth a stop in at Adrenalin Park Studio and just have a chat with them to see how you feel. Ask them questions about the procedure, experience with this piercing etc. and let them check you out if you feel comfortable. You don't have to decide there and then.

2. I had no problems with my PA and drove 20 miles home. Can't see why an Apy should be any different. Make sure you have ample medical gauze or a Tena Man to line your underwear because it will very likely bleed.

3. If you are suitable and it's what you want then personally I'd get it done but your piercer should discuss this with you when they assess your anatomy.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Thanks Boo & TikiMan.

I had a look at some local studios and enquired at Rising Phoenix Tattoo in Leighton Buzzard. It seems to have a good rep and a lot of social media reviews over the last few years. I've got a consultation with their piercer Holli next week so will ask the questions you stated and go from there.

Will keep you updated.
    Last edited by Red Nettle; 04-04-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Excellent! Hope it goes well with Holli and look forward to hearing your update
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Had my consultation this morning. The gist of it was that after talking things over I think I'm going to go for a Reverse Prince Albert. Possible complications were discussed and the long healing time. Holli said the RPA was a more straightforward piercing and quicker to heal. I'd got it into my head that a RPA was easier to do after a PA, hence focusing on getting an Apadravya. But she said this is not the case and the piercing can be placed in the centre of the glans and a BCR used. I said I'd think it over a bit more...

Hi Red Nettle,
    Glad the consult went well.
    RPA is a cool piercing and not as common as the PA. Mr Mouse on here would be able to advise more by his experience than I can but imo the PA is the quickest healer as it usually goes though less tissue because the urethra tends to sit lower in the shaft and head (anatomy dependant). PA's often heal in 8-12 weeks whereas RPA's can take 4-6months or longer depending on the depth of the glans. Obviously everyone heals differently and maybe it won't take so long. I'd also be more inclined to have a curved barbell than a BCR.
    Please do let us know what you decide on.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:

Tattoos: