Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Nose Piercing

Default New Nose Piercing

So when I first got it done two days ago it was red but the redness quickly went away. Today my skin on that side of my nose is just a red patch all around not just near the piercing site. I honestly think it might be the H2Ocean spray? The skin on my face is really sensitive it could be dried out from spraying??? Im just going to lay off of it and just clean the piercing gently with a cotton swab.
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix
    Nose: 1 Left Side
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus

It's possible. I'd just rinse it in the shower and see how it goes.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    It's possible. I'd just rinse it in the shower and see how it goes.
    Yes I have been doing that as well and gently cleaning with a cotton swab. So far so good it’s not as red any more, only when I clean, still dry but all that is to be expected. Though now allergies are killing me so I’m sneezing like crazy but the bright side is that is not causing anything with my nose piercing. It doesn’t hurt when I sneeze which I was worried about.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Good to hear it's settling Mid.
    Often less is more when healing.
    With your allergies I guess you have to take an antihistamine and hope for the best. Its our tree pollen season here in the UK and soon to be the grass pollen time of year so many of us will be suffering soon

Hope you don't suffer too much
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

So my nose piercing has a bump and I feel like it’s blew up a huge amount. A few days ago the bump had a red patch that looked like raw meat and it was bloody. I left it alone and it scabbed over then fell off leaving still a huge bump. It still has a bit of raw section under the diamond but it’s not bleeding or looks alarmingly red.

Any suggestions to ease this down???

Its so embarrassing when it’s pointed out. I’ve been told by many just take my piercing out. Because the bump looks bad my family when they see it they are on my back saying it’s a keloid.... but I haven’t keloid for all the ear piercings I’ve gotten... I don’t want to give up on it. I really hope it goes down than grow even more because this is really noticeable as it is if people can see it from a far ☹️

I feel like its gotten bigger... I tried a warm chamomile soak last night with a qtip. Idk what else to do than just clean it with the solution I was given and run it under hot water when I take a shower .
    Last edited by Mid; 06-01-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Update:
    First if anyone is wonders I got this nose piercing done around the end of March.
    The last picture was sent to the dermatologist and someone who once worked at a tattoo parlor. Both say it’s a keloid and the dermatologist offered to inject it. And I’m here wondering is that even right to that? I read it could take up to 4 to 6 months for a nose to fully heal?
    on another note it kinda itches/very slightly stings ???
    also is it possible to get a keloid when I have 9 ear piercings and none of them had any bumps except for one that went away on it’s own???
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Hey Mid,
    It is still early days for your piercing and nostrils can take 6 months or longer to heal. Bumps are really common on nostrils and typically in everyone else's line of sight so I get why you may find it embarrassing but try not to let that worry you.
    Hopefully you were fitted with quality titanium jewellery.
    If it is a keloid (fancy name for scar with over production of collagen) then personally I would leave it alone for now as it may well reduce & fade of its own accord. It is usually injected or frozen only in pretty extreme cases and normally not on a nostril I don't think.
    You also said above that at one stage it looked like raw meat which sounds a bit more like a granuloma which is a very common side effect of trauma. Even the smallest knock can cause this overgrowth of blood vessels in the area. Again like the keloid above I would leave it well alone and it should eventually go.
    Time and patience is probably the best remedy.
    If you need to be 100% certain about what it is and what to do then my advice would be to go and get advice from an APP piercer.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Hey Tiki!

I really doubt about being fitted with titanium every piercer around me uses surgical steel. Honestly the woman who did my nose had a real attitude and feel like she took all her frustration on my nose. She placed a surgical steel 18 gauge ( squiggle hook?? Sorry I don’t know the name for this but that’s what it looks like to me almost has a close hanger end.) I was having a lot of trouble with this in my nose because I found it moved a lot with out me touching it. My suspicions were correct when someone I know went to her too and she said the same. But they were given a nose bone what I initially wanted and asked for but was refused. I also tried to find an APP piercer it seems like there is no one at all around me and I would have to travel far to get to one.

Do I completely leave this alone and don’t clean it????
    Because I recently purchased Dead Sea salt and tea tree oil that should arrive this week. I also heard aspirin??? But I don’t know. I’ve been trying to be gentle with it. But now I feel like my piercing feels really snug against the bump and the small amount of skin pressed against the jewelry is raw.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Tea tree oil and aspirin are really harsh. If it was me I'd leave it completely alone, just rinsing with plain water every day and see how it goes. Can you get some better jewellery on line? You could have an allergy to the stainless steel.
    Last edited by dragonsoup; 05-22-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Caro

I did purchase a titanium surgical grade nose bone 20 gauge with the Dead Sea salt and the tea tree oil which I was planning to dilute it with boiled water and putting in 2 drops of the oil.... I heard very mix things about it. It being harsh is one , people diluting it and working is another??? I purchased a gauge size smaller though. I thought if worse came to worse but I don’t want to really mess with it for now. It doesn’t feel hot or really painful just tight. I think I’m just going to leave it alone and run water like you said.

but I feel like it’s getting ridiculous at this point because here we go again raw hamburger meat showing
    Last edited by Mid; 06-01-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast