Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Nose Piercing

So, hey is me again. I hate to bring back old threads but I wanted to give another update. So as I said on the last post I left the screw surgical steel nose jewelry that the piercer put in and the bump gradually went away. I didn’t feel any allergic reaction too it my nose wasn’t hot or itchy. <<< so I thought it couldn’t be an issue here.

The screw jewelry I would assume is proper nose jewelry choice ( screw or labret as I’ve been told are proper choices?) was not working for me from the beginning though not because of an allergic reaction but from how long it was and how it would move tremendously side to side in my nose with out touching it. Also the diamond part I noticed kinda poked at the skin where the bump initially was on that one particular side.

Then as soon as the bump was gone it came back the same spot once the jewelry happened to snag on something one day. It showed me that the piercing was still not fully healed as it was sore and bled a lot. I was so fed up with the jewelry I took it out with a lot of difficulty and replaced it with a titanium nose bone ( yes I know it’s not proper but it was the only thing I had and it was the better option than going back to the screw). << at least this stays put doesn’t move.

The bump is practically almost gone now again no pain or discomfort which is like a finally for me. But I think I have to get a labret put in maybe as the bone tends to fall out if I’m not careful. But I have to say better than painfully snagging though. Omg I never want to be fitted with a screw again!!! First off it didn’t even fit in my nose it was so long that it was either really out hooking over or really in my nose that it was uncomfortable. It was constantly swerving all over the place making it longer for things to heal.

The only issue now is that I have no where to go to to change this. As as said time again no proper piercers near me. Everyone around me pierces with surgical steel. Like I even shared my worries with the piercer that did my nose I told her the jewelry felt uncomfortable but she said that is fine.
    So now I have to be on the search for a nose labret to put in myself
    Last edited by Mid; 07-27-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix
    Nose: 1 Left Side
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus

Oh, my word Mid - you are going through it with this piercing. It shouldn't be like this. How are you getting on? I think there is too much choice with nose jewellery now-a-days. When I had mine done many years ago we only had small ear studs to use. I use "L" shape nose studs. I have been able to re-shape thinner nose screws in the past in to "L" shape ones. If you cannot find the jewellery would you consider ordering from the U.K? I know of a web-site that are good and I use them. Please let me know.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

It took my nose around 2 years before it really felt properly healed. Before then it would occasionally flare up and swell every time I changed the jewellery. I have a screw in mine now. They do come in different sizes and it may take a bit of experimenting. I find it much easier to change than a labret ( cannot get on with them - far too fiddly)
    Caro

I looove neometal labrets and curved instertion pins, super easy ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Oh no, hope it settles down. I left my original stud in for ages as it was my first piercing and my piercer frightened me telling me how I shouldn't change it out until it was absolutely healed. Had that stud in for over six months. Maybe it was a good thing as it healed well, but I am lucky with my piercings.

I bought cheap studs which irritated it and would fall out too, so I'd irritate it more putting a new stud in. Idk why but the original stud stayed put really well.

I bought studs from BMG. I prefer the half u as they aren't too bad to get in and don't move. The diamonds are cute in them too. My sis lives in the States and get her nose studs from alluringbody. I've got a couple and they are just as good.

I wear a hoop now. Is that something you'd try? A semi segment one might be worth a try? One of the ones that's open with a stopper at one end. I've always found them really comfortable.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Long over due update: sorry guys I didn’t see the responses

Thank you for your replies.

Well after falling out and losing the nose stud a few times and finding it . I greatly feared the bump on my nose would get bigger but it only got smaller. It’s hardly noticeable now as I mentioned it to someone they said they couldn’t see it so it’s still there just super tiny. I’m hoping it will heal completely. I’m really cautious oh messing with it too soon by changing the jewelry but I am still trying to look for a jewelry piece to switch with when I feel it’s time. I did think of a hoop change but I have plenty of hoops in me already I look like a giant hoop lmao jk but I do have a 6 hoops in my ears already and I almost tried my sisters hoop she offered to put in my nose ( I say almost because when I tried to get it in and finally did the hoop was so hard to close so I couldn’t. I think it was just her jewelry. Not all can be like this?? so I took it out. It was one of the days I lost the stud and had trouble finding it so I needed a replacement quick but ended up finding it again) I always tend to knock it out in sleep every time I have lost it found it somewhere on the bed each time.

My experience so far with getting piercings I started to noticed that it takes waaaaaaaay longer for it to heal on me than what they say. Like maybe a year or two for even ears. So far this is my second experience with a piercing bump except my ear had a bump and my nose had a granuloma.

But yes I’m will to buy anywhere and give things a try as I’m still looking.
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix
    Nose: 1 Left Side
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234