Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Nose Piercing

Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    I did purchase a titanium surgical grade nose bone 20 gauge with the Dead Sea salt and the tea tree oil which I was planning to dilute it with boiled water and putting in 2 drops of the oil.... I heard very mix things about it. It being harsh is one , people diluting it and working is another??? I purchased a gauge size smaller though. I thought if worse came to worse but I don’t want to really mess with it for now. It doesn’t feel hot or really painful just tight. I think I’m just going to leave it alone and run water like you said.

but I feel like it’s getting ridiculous at this point because here we go again raw hamburger meat showing
    The tea tree oil won't mix with the water so if you do that you'll end up with neat tea tree oil on your raw skin. If you really want to use the tea tree then you need to dilute it with a safe carrier oil like almond. I really would try leaving it alone for a bit and see what it does - I know it's hard. My own nose piercing gave me more grief than any of the other supposedly hard to heal ones I had subsequently. If I was to lose it now for any reason I doubt that I'd do it again.
    Caro

Oh no Mid....not stainless again . How unprofessional this piercer sounds! I'm sure you told her about the problems with your ears and that they only settled when you changed the stainless to titanium. Any descent piercer would have thought that there may just be an allergy problem here so I can order some quality titanium for you and get you pierced as soon as it is in.
    I wouldn't be using her again although if she gave me attitude then I'd have just walked away.

Anyway....back to your problem.
    I agree with Dragonsoup and just try rinsing in the shower with clean water.
    The TTO and aspirin are harsh and personally I wouldn't use either. The salt is debatable really. Some people get on well with it and others either find it can further irritate or do absolutely nothing. If you choose to use the salt then I would use 1/8 tsp to 8floz boiled water cooled to body temperature.

The most important thing is to find another piercer and talk to them about getting the nasty piece of jewellery replaced with a quality piece as this may help speed up reduction and irritation of the bump.
    Try not worry about it too much either. I've seen a lot worse bumps heal up nicely in time.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

I really think she just chalked it up to I’ll be okay because my cartilage has surgical steel??? I’m not quite sure. But yes I’m leaving it alone like dragonsoup and you said. I only run it under the water when I’m showering to get some of the crust fall off from probably dried blood. It looks a lot less angry today and it hasn’t grown bigger so I’m hopeful. I’ll keep you guys updated if I see any changes. Praying for good ones...

I feel like this is going to become a gallery for my shnoz. Lmao
    Anyways, this is not the best clear photo I apologize for that but it does look less flaring today.
    Now I need it to go down some because from the frontal view it’s like I have a witches wart. Where I’m like “I always knew I was a little witchy “ gotta make light of the situation lolol
    Last edited by Mid; 05-24-2019 at 12:24 AM.
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix
    Nose: 1 Left Side
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus

Please Mid don't put any tea tree on it anymore or anything else - only water and shower rinsing. I don't bother with salt soaks all that often as my body doesn't like them. You are best off with changing your nose stud for a better quality Titanium one.

Mum and I both had bad noses when they were done. In the end we left them alone - stopped soaking them and they got better.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus (sadly the bottom one has migrated).

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing, Triple Forward Helix.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Please Mid don't put any tea tree on it anymore or anything else - only water and shower rinsing. I don't bother with salt soaks all that often as my body doesn't like them. You are best off with changing your nose stud for a better quality Titanium one.

Mum and I both had bad noses when they were done. In the end we left them alone - stopped soaking them and they got better.

But I never put tea tree oil on it. ^_^;;;; I was using the cleaning solution they gave me at the shop. What I did though was order online the tea tree oil and sea salt when things were going bad thinking it would help but I never used it. Though now i stopped using the shops solution and I’ve been only rinsing it in water. > -<;;;
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

As many have said, what you need to do is remove the irritation which is the cheap jewellery. That should be your starting point along with finding a decent piercer who can fit you with something biocompatible.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I bought a nose bone that’s titanium surgical grade if worse comes to worse. Though I don’t and haven’t been feeling the symptoms of an allergic reaction like I did with my ears. My nose isn’t in pain, it’s not hot to the touch, it no longer itches, it’s not oozing pus. It just has this bump and I feel like it’s coming down or at least trying to shrink. Maybe it was the piercer how rough she was??? or I snagged it on my glasses?? or got something in it at the place I work??? Idk But anyways it looks a lot better than it was. It’s still there but my family isn’t really heckling me for it anymore. Which was the most annoyance when your trying to ignore it and leave it alone so it can heal. They just look at it now and say oh it’s gotten better.

So I don’t really want to mess around with it and get the jewelry changed just yet as it’s getting better. I’ll post a picture of my nose soon. Just to show it’s progress
    Last edited by Mid; 05-25-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Good luck with it Mid!
    Glad to hear it feels a little better. Bumps on noses really are common and can come and go for no real reason. Don't give up on it! Look forward to seeing the next update in the Shnoz Gallery!
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Nose bones are awful. If you want to get it changed out please do see an APP registered piercer.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Nose bones are awful. If you want to get it changed out please do see an APP registered piercer.
    Oh..... Then what would be the best then? o n o I thought a nose bone would sit better in my nose. Considering the nose screw ( I looked it up and I believe it’s called this) takes over the inside of my nostril and I heard from people L shapes aren’t good either... and hoops are not good for first piercings.
    Piercings
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast